Covid-19 News/Discussion

bucsfan333

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/nathanvardi/2021/08/17/covids-forgotten-hero-the-untold-story-of-the-scientist-whose-breakthrough-made-the-vaccines-possible/?sh=66e94e6b354f

Hope this guy gets his credit, and wins his lawsuits. Moderna clearly lying their butt off and Pfizer treading extremely carefully. 

It will depend on the specifics of the nanoparticles and the ratios,  how close his are to standard first attempts, and Moderna/Pfizer's internal documentation of how they discovered the best ratio to use. They'll have data comparing different nanoparticle size distributions against what their optimal target is (you want as small and as narrow a distribution as possible, pending cost issues).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WizeGuy said:

Sad thing is- they think it's the mask that is taking a mental toll on their kids, but anecdotal evidence tells me it's parents acting like toddlers that makes these kids anxious. My nieces and nephews never gave two-****s about wearing a mask because their parents didn't go into fits of rage over it. In fact- they were always conscious to put on a mask when around our son. They would do it without us even asking, and were just delighted to see him. Even my 5 year old nephew- if he forgot to put on a mask- would quickly remember before us even telling him, and would run to get his mask so he could play with my son. Zero complaint. All I saw was a bunch of kids having a great time like cousins should.

Just like anything in parenting- the way a parent acts around their child has a strong impact on that kid... 

yeah, kids don’t give af, it’s the adults.

I put my mask on, kids put theirs on, no one complains. It’s really that simple.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

yeah, kids don’t give af, it’s the adults.

I put my mask on, kids put theirs on, no one complains. It’s really that simple.

90% of teachers will tell you that working with adults is the worst part of their job (very serious).

The other 10% are the people who don't realize that they're the main contingent the other 90% are talking about.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

It will depend on the specifics of the nanoparticles and the ratios,  how close his are to standard first attempts, and Moderna/Pfizer's internal documentation of how they discovered the best ratio to use. They'll have data comparing different nanoparticle size distributions against what their optimal target is (you want as small and as narrow a distribution as possible, pending cost issues).

Seemed the Madden guy and others always copied has ratios. It was a super long read like a book but I have no doubts the delivery system of these vaccines are his work. 

4 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Seemed the Madden guy and others always copied has ratios. It was a super long read like a book but I have no doubts the delivery system of these vaccines are his work. 

The information presented in the article is insufficient to make that conclusion. There are common ratios for different stabilizing agents that are used, and the manufacturing differences in polymer length can also be relevant.

Nanoparticle manufacture is complicated, finnicky, and the devil is in the details. You really have to get under the hood to know if someone stole or not.

4 minutes ago, TVScout said:

Free:

Monoclonal antibodies are free and effective against covid-19, but few people are getting them

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/covid-monoclonal-abbott/2021/08/19/a39a0b5e-0029-11ec-a664-4f6de3e17ff0_story.html

My best guess would be that the reason so few people are getting it is because it's only effective within 10 days of seeing symptoms. 

What we now know about how to fight the delta variant of COVID | Column

An expert explains why vaccines — and masks — are so important, and why delta is different and more dangerous.

https://www.tampabay.com/opinion/2021/08/10/what-we-now-know-about-how-to-fight-the-delta-variant-of-covid-column/?fbclid=IwAR3XJcQJHmxGdTB_yekUBU9KV6SCj3fAelb-QwPjtqMbaTiGoF1vFaOuM3M

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TVScout said:

Free:

Monoclonal antibodies are free and effective against covid-19, but few people are getting them

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/covid-monoclonal-abbott/2021/08/19/a39a0b5e-0029-11ec-a664-4f6de3e17ff0_story.html

I realize this may technically be true for select mAbs treating COVID-19, but normally the downside of these as medications is the cost. If people are concerned about reckless government spending, each person who skips a hospital visit by getting the vaccine will save the US tens of thousands in pharmaceutical bills alone.

Edited by ramssuperbowl99

1 hour ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

My best guess would be that the reason so few people are getting it is because it's only effective within 10 days of seeing symptoms. 

It’s also hard for people to have access when the hospitals are overrun with patients needing full care and treatment.

and

(This was verified by the city)

Being around people experiencing such bad symptoms that they’re writhing in pain on the floor of a library while they wait for treatment isn’t exactly the way people want to be spending their days while feeling not great. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, pwny said:

It’s also hard for people to have access when the hospitals are overrun with patients needing full care and treatment.

and

(This was verified by the city)

Being around people experiencing such bad symptoms that they’re writhing in pain on the floor of a library while they wait for treatment isn’t exactly the way people want to be spending their days while feeling not great. 

Can I get 10 mLs of thoughts and prayers stat please?

• Like 3