Covid-19 News/Discussion

bucsfan333

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Basically, the stance I've taken is that I wear mine around crowds, dangle it on my ear when 6+ feet can be done, and out of respect for others in certain settings where they may be uncomfortable otherwise. That's just me I suppose.

And this is reasonable and what I think most of us are advocating.

I don’t expect anyone to be the goober wearing a mask driving alone in their car lol.

• Like 2

Just now, -Hope- said:

generally, when i claim something, i like to be able to prove it. maybe you're different!

In Hopeland, no one crosses the border illegally b/c you can't count the people who cross lol. I can't imagine this line of thinking but you do you as you have the right to believe whatever you want. OK now for real, have a good day. 

Just now, Xenos said:

What’s more likely? People crossing the border and going all the way to Florida to spread the disease, or the governor’s bad policy decisions?

Clearly bad policies are absolutely awful.

You know what else is awful? Preaching safety while letting unvaccinated people enter without seeming to care, having class sizes of 30+ while banging the "keep everyone safe" drum, cutting educational funding from the state while preaching "keep kids in school and safe" that leads to higher class sizes, and having different rules for yourself since you're vaccinated than you do for everyone else.

PLENTY of causes and blame to go around, and if nothing else, I hope people have woken up and stopped blaming a single person for this entire mess (albeit I despise that single person).

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

But I'm just done emotionally at this point.

I should preface every single post in here and everywhere else with this phrase. I'm numb to it all and probably extra blunt. If I've offended anyone over the last 18 months, I'll gladly apologize/seek your forgiveness and do my best to rectify it. I'm being serious.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yeah like I said, I don’t expect you to defend her statements.

As far as pregnancy, there’s definitely some truth in her statements iirc,  particularly with J&J.  The other two are now recommended.

Yeah, which she and I would both agree with.

All that to say, with Johnson & Johnson just as one example, people need to make their own informed decisions, and there is genuine reason for hesitancy for people at times, before the mob rushes to judgment.

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

I should preface every single post in here and everywhere else with this phrase. I'm numb to it all and probably extra blunt. If I've offended anyone over the last 18 months, I'll gladly apologize/seek your forgiveness and do my best to rectify it. I'm being serious.

Me too. Mostly. Like more often than not. Probably.

Edited by ramssuperbowl99
  • Like 2

Just now, BobbyPhil1781 said:

In Hopeland, no one crosses the border illegally b/c you can't count the people who cross lol. I can't imagine this line of thinking but you do you as you have the right to believe whatever you want. OK now for real, have a good day. 

i'm wondering if you struggle with object permanence. just a few minutes ago i acknowledged that many people cross the border illegally each month. what i have been asking for, and what you have failed to provide, is a concrete link between those people and increased spread of covid. this could be as simple as a consistent pattern of higher transmission rates in areas with high migrant settlement. geographic transmission rates are very easy to find. if there's a pattern here, it shouldn't be difficult to identify whatsoever.

• Like 3

Just now, -Hope- said:

i'm wondering if you struggle with object permanence. just a few minutes ago i acknowledged that many people cross the border illegally each month. what i have been asking for, and what you have failed to provide, is a concrete link between those people and increased spread of covid. this could be as simple as a consistent pattern of higher transmission rates in areas with high migrant settlement. geographic transmission rates are very easy to find. if there's a pattern here, it shouldn't be difficult to identify whatsoever.

In a CNN article I just read, single April approximately 1,500 people have evaded border control each day. Assuming the vaccination rate is comparable here/geographically speaking, that's a lot of positives walking through and spreading, which is probably in line with the rest of the dumpster fires that are Texas and Florida, respectively.

• Like 1

I'm also almost 24 hours into my fast and killing it with the intermittent fasting, but this being a 24 hour day, I'm certain whatever filter I normally have is operating at a minimum.

Life changing habit change tbh. That and no boozing. Cannot recommend IF enough. When I got sick I was at 27 BMI. 23.5 today and trending down. Think I've got about 10 pounds to go.

Edited by ramssuperbowl99
  • Like 5

I'm also almost 24 hours into my fast and killing it with the intermittent fasting, but this being a 24 hour day, I'm certain whatever filter I normally have is operating at a minimum.

What’s the fun in arguing with strangers if you have a filter though.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

You can use Google as well as I can.

Google skills, or lack there of, really drives the divide on many of these subjects. Some people can google things and read the article, then substantiate it and fact check others. Other's google things, find a headline that fits their narrative, then spreads it around without reading it when in reality the article cherry picks quotes but if you read the reference material they come to the opposite conclusion than the article it's based on. 

1 minute ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Life changing habit change tbh. That and no boozing. Cannot recommend IF enough. When I got sick I was at 27 BMI. 23.5 today and trending down. Think I've got about 10 pounds to go.

Good for you man! I'm down 15 from January, cholesterol down from 224 to 142, and my pulse rate is down close to 10 bpm. Lifting 3-4 days a week has helped too, but diet is real. :) 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Deadpulse said:

Google skills, or lack there of, really drives the divide on many of these subjects. Some people can google things and read the article, then substantiate it and fact check others. Other's google things, find a headline that fits their narrative, then spreads it around without reading it when in reality the article cherry picks quotes but if you read the reference material they come to the opposite conclusion than the article it's based on. 

Also very valid and true, as are filter bubbles and that Google is literally different for every human being on the planet based upon preconceived biases and political ideology. :) 

(Sorry, I teach sociology) 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Define mandate?  From the government?  No me either.  

The same organizations and entities that have always mandated vaccines?  Yeah I’m cool with that.

I think this is where a lot of people are getting caught up.

Some people think being in favor of a mandate means that you want the government to require it and then are too caught up in their feelings to actually listen to the other side telling them that isn't the case. Companies have been mandating vaccines way before Covid. Adding this one to the list wouldn't be some trendsetting milestone that everyone is acting like it is. 

• Like 2