Covid-19 News/Discussion

bucsfan333

48 minutes ago, Danger said:

I'll admit even with that in mind I still do have concerns about the unforeseen in general. The vaccine while it does leave your system the positive beneficial effects still persist with your body for some currently uncertain time period, could there potentially be negative ones as well?

There is nothing to foresee though. Thats like being worried a dead body is gonna come back to life. You know dead is dead just like we know vaccines leave the body. This aint the Walking Dead. 

• Like 6

45 minutes ago, JonStark said:

So if long terms effects are affecting your decision, you really should be on the other side of the fence. 

One of the known long-term possible side effects of covid is loss of smell and taste.

There's no way the "unknown" from the vaccines will ever be any worse than that. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

How about the people who want it but can’t get it?  

Do they not matter or are you not aware they exist?

Those people can bust out their good ol N95's and rock them till the wheels fall off. If that's what you want to/have to do, by all means, go for it. As soon as you start telling me what I have to do, that's when I have a problem. Take it FWIW.

1 hour ago, Danger said:

I'll say this. In any walk of life, if your goal is to actually move someones opinion/change their mind, then treating their current viewpoints as dumb/completely irrational or mocking them or being condescending is not going to change their minds.

Let me first say I’m not speaking directly about you here.

Antivax and/or vaccine hesitant fall into one of two categories imo.

The first are absolute goobers who believe in junk science, conspiracy theories, political propaganda, etc.  They’re not worth trying to convince of anything as fact, logic, etc., didn’t get them to their current stance.  And I’m not going to pretend they aren’t soft in the head either tbh. Maybe when they quit clogging out our hospitals when the realize the horse goo doesn’t cure covid, maybe then I’ll at least have some respect for their level of commitment.  But they don’t/won’t.

The second group, people who consider themselves well meaning are by and large ignorant.  “I’m just asking questions… I don’t understand… I’m not sure about…”, etc. I don’t mean that as an insult, it just is what it is, they don’t know about this stuff.

What’s frustrating with these people as they by and large don’t know a damned thing about vaccines, dont have any fact based data, etc., but want to contradict/question people who spend decades upon decades studying this stuff and actually do know what they’re talking about. There’s just a level of self importance to the idea that while you clearly don’t know anything, it’s someone else’s job to convince you.  Like, it’s hard to condense the understanding that comes with a pharmD into digestible nuggets, but that’s what the FDA does with giving it full auth and by saying things like “it’s safe and effective”.

These people can go one or two ways.  Either they embrace the science and get vaccinated or they embrace their feelings over facts and don’t. With the latter there is again no need to validate them.  Your opinions aren’t as good as facts, sorry to break it to ya.

And sure, maybe I’m an arse about this, definitely possible. But for the last year and a half of these same goobers have continually crapped in the community pool, inconvenienced me and risked the health of my family with their stupidity, so I’m absolutely over it.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Mesa_Titan said:

Those people can bust out their good ol N95's and rock them till the wheels fall off. If that's what you want to/have to do, by all means, go for it. As soon as you start telling me what I have to do, that's when I have a problem. Take it FWIW.

Or they can just mandate vaccines or make people pay increased premiums for not being vaccinated. Or mandate masks…

Like they are.

freedom works both ways pal.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Or they can just mandate vaccines or make people pay increased premiums for not being vaccinated. Or mandate masks…

Like they are.

freedom works both ways pal.

Increased premiums. Lmao. Spare me. You're the type that blabs about free healthcare for all, but wants non vaccinated people to not get it.😄

20 minutes ago, Mesa_Titan said:

We got a real man over here. Never been told what to do ever by anyone!

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Mesa_Titan said:

Increased premiums. Lmao. Spare me. You're the type that blabs about free healthcare for all, but wants non vaccinated people to not get it.😄

It’s not my idea, It’s already happening.

What am I sparing you, a statement of fact?

And no one is saying you shouldn’t have health insurance.  But, if your provider wants to charge more as you’re at an increased risk (you know, like they’ve done for years with smokers or any other number of conditions) that’s their right.  Their.. freedom.. you could say.

Oh, and absolutely no one “blabs about free healthcare” other than chuds thinking they’re about to own a lib. We blab about government administered healthcare paid for through taxes.  Not free.

Edited by LETSGOBROWNIES
  • Like 2

Just now, Mesa_Titan said:

Lol. I'll leave you guys to your echo-chamber.👍

Listen, you are either an anarchist, or you dont actually believe what you are saying. 

Laws exist to keep the general public safe. That's exactly what the laws are "telling you to do". So either you think society is a bunch of bunk and everyone should fend for themselves or your a hypocrite with no leg to stand on. Based on your reply above, I am betting on the later. 

However, I invite you to stay awhile in have ACTUAL discourse with us. We are pretty open to it. Call it an echo chamber if you want, but you'd be wrong. You are just unwilling to have a discussion because while we are ready to provide you with proof and fact all you have is your, "dont tell me what to do!" mantra that isnt actually real. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Let me first say I’m not speaking directly about you here.

Antivax and/or vaccine hesitant fall into one of two categories imo.

The first are absolute goobers who believe in junk science, conspiracy theories, political propaganda, etc.  They’re not worth trying to convince of anything as fact, logic, etc., didn’t get them to their current stance.  And I’m not going to pretend they aren’t soft in the head either tbh. Maybe when they quit clogging out our hospitals when the realize the horse goo doesn’t cure covid, maybe then I’ll at least have some respect for their level of commitment.  But they don’t/won’t.

The second group, people who consider themselves well meaning are by and large ignorant.  “I’m just asking questions… I don’t understand… I’m not sure about…”, etc. I don’t mean that as an insult, it just is what it is, they don’t know about this stuff.

What’s frustrating with these people as they by and large don’t know a damned thing about vaccines, dont have any fact based data, etc., but want to contradict/question people who spend decades upon decades studying this stuff and actually do know what they’re talking about. There’s just a level of self importance to the idea that while you clearly don’t know anything, it’s someone else’s job to convince you.  Like, it’s hard to condense the understanding that comes with a pharmD into digestible nuggets, but that’s what the FDA does with giving it full auth and by saying things like “it’s safe and effective”.

These people can go one or two ways.  Either they embrace the science and get vaccinated or they embrace their feelings over facts and don’t. With the latter there is again no need to validate them.  Your opinions aren’t as good as facts, sorry to break it to ya.

And sure, maybe I’m an arse about this, definitely possible. But for the last year and a half of these same goobers have continually crapped in the community pool, inconvenienced me and risked the health of my family with their stupidity, so I’m absolutely over it.

The more frustrating aspect to me is the frequency with which the second group can be tricked by bad actors because they want to be optimistic or avoid confrontation — and the bad actor is someone who sounds competent, even authoritative, to someone with a lack of knowledge, or is otherwise exacerbating their confusion with the usual fallacies.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Listen, you are either an anarchist, or you dont actually believe what you are saying. 

Laws exist to keep the general public safe. That's exactly what the laws are "telling you to do". So either you think society is a bunch of bunk and everyone should fend for themselves or your a hypocrite with no leg to stand on. Based on your reply above, I am betting on the later. 

However, I invite you to stay awhile in have ACTUAL discourse with us. We are pretty open to it. Call it an echo chamber if you want, but you'd be wrong. You are just unwilling to have a discussion because while we are ready to provide you with proof and fact all you have is your, "dont tell me what to do!" mantra that isnt actually real. 

Alright, now, let me tell you about my friend Rousseau.

• Like 3