Covid-19 News/Discussion

bucsfan333

24 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

This is a false statement but I'm not going to show the proof bc of the reason it was just locked. It was politicized from the start

But in all seriousness, whatever you choose to believe I guess. The important point is that right now a large swath of people are choosing to be unvaccinated because of silly political reasons. It’s unfortunately the discrepancies between certain states.

Edited by Xenos

3 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I don't think it's weakness, a lot of younger people start out on extreme sides because that's a more blanket position. More balanced positions can come with nuance and experience (e.g. normally I love the free market but for [thing X] I've seen it doesn't work, so I carve out an exception).

Keep challenging your own beliefs, and remember the only real weakness is an inability to admit you were wrong. You may be surprised how much the exceptions you carve out as important can change the overall scale. Or they may not, but by challenging them you'll be more confident in the end result either way.

Or at least that's been my experience.

spits on pacifist scum

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Bonanza23 said:

Yeah this thing is hilarious until you know of someone who died. I personally know of 5 people who have died of Covid. But on a larger scale with my affiliations I’m privy of so much more. 

Why can’t you morons just pretend for a moment that this is just mere blip called polio?  That sure enough endangered mankind and lo and behold people took it seriously. 

Really sorry to hear this buddy.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Xenos said:

But in all seriousness, whatever you choose to believe I guess. The important point is that right now a large swath of people are choosing to be unvaccinated because of silly political reasons. It’s unfortunately the discrepancies between certain states.

It's not whatever I choose to believe lol. It's been politicized from the get-go. Now that you've added bold words, that's more accurate. See, this is a "you" error in your initial post. Go look at Defiant Ls Twitter account for proof to see the blatant politicizing and hypocrisies. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

It's not whatever I choose to believe lol. It's been politicized from the get-go. Now that you've added bold words, that's more accurate. See, this is a "you" error in your initial post. Go look at Defiant Ls Twitter account for proof to see the blatant politicizing and hypocrisies. 

You're not wrong that it was politicized from the beginning. The world was saying that there was a spreading pandemic, and one politician kept saying it was a bad cold, or the flu, and then made fun of people worried about it.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, MrDrew said:

You're not wrong that it was politicized from the beginning. The world was saying that there was a spreading pandemic, and one politician kept saying it was a bad cold, or the flu, and then made fun of people worried about it.

And others, if you'll look, said they'd never take a rushed *insert guy* vaccine. Magically after he left office, it's all of the sudden safe and not rushed and we're listening to science like the people producing it all of the sudden changed. Seriously, go look at the page I suggested. It's literally right there in front of you lol.

I'll never understand why people are so scared to admit their side is just as bad but whatever. It's their lives, do what you want within the law.

That's all I'm saying and all I will say bc I'm dropping this bc of the borderline rule infractions. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

And others, if you'll look, said they'd never take a rushed *insert guy* vaccine. Magically after he left office, it's all of the sudden safe and not rushed and we're listening to science like the people producing it all of the sudden changed. Seriously, go look at the page I suggested. It's literally right there in front of you lol.

I'll never understand why people are so scared to admit their side is just as bad but whatever. It's their lives, do what you want within the law.

That's all I'm saying and all I will say bc I'm dropping this bc of the borderline rule infractions. 

I don't need to look at the account to know that it's just conspiracy theories, anger, and hatred. 

Anybody that looked at any medical, or scientific, information on the vaccine knew it wasn't rushed. The people afraid of that have been listening to others with no medical background. When you have all of the doctors in the world saying one thing, and Joe Rogan saying the opposite, one should never listen to Joe Rogan about anything medical related.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

I'll never understand why people are so scared to admit their side is just as bad but whatever.

There is a canyon wide difference between being "just as bad" and being perfect. I can see why people would naturally be hesitant about taking something coming out of "Operation Warp Speed". The branding is horrible, but if the science supports approval, the science supports approval and doesn't give one crap about who's in office or how it was branded.

But both sides are simply not the same here, and no matter how much you say it doesn't make it any more true. The single most important factor as to whether people are vaccinated today is political affiliation. The r-squared on that correlation is about 65%, meaning your political status determines about 2/3rds of the total likelihood as to whether you are vaccinated or not.

Neither side is perfect, and everyone should be held accountable for mistakes, but the hurdle in the way of societal progress is vaccination, and the bulk of that is the result of one side.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, MrDrew said:

I don't need to look at the account to know that it's just conspiracy theories, anger, and hatred. 

I looked at it briefly. This was the most-recent COVID related tweet (apart from a video of Stephen Colbert dancing about the vaccine with no other context):

FAaj4aVX0AQUCXZ?format=jpg&name=900x900

As if that's a real "gotcha". You can both think healthcare workers as a whole are doing amazing things and think that the non-vaccinated ones should be fired (spoiler alert: that is my opinion, and it's not hypocritical).

3 tweets down from that (none of which I can post here), I see the first open appeal to angry white dudes (the setup is "white men are fragile as ****). I peaced out at that point.

I'm definitely dumber having spent the 30 seconds looking at it.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

I mean it’s really not that hard to see that all those comments were related to the lack of transparency around data being given out from the federal government and the problems that had arisen at every turn since the beginning with these issues.

And as such for that being the reason, all of those comments were consistently put alongside the notion that data reviews by non-partisan scientific bodies need to happen to make sure nothing fishy was going on before we rolled it out to the public. And that’s exactly what happened prior to everyone jumping on board for pushing it. Because as we keep saying over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again, data needs to be peer reviewed

But sure.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I'm definitely dumber having spent the 30 seconds looking at it.

I’ve come to learn that any time somebody is adamant that some random dude on the internet has the truth, it’s exactly what I said. Save yourself the pain next time