Covid-19 News/Discussion

bucsfan333

Pardon the interruption, but these vaccines were indeed rushed...it would have been criminal not to. People literally worked 24/7 to make this thing a reality. Why wouldn't it be a rush job ? Why wouldn't you pull out all the stops ?

Thousands were dying each day !

The Pharma companies dropped development on other meds in their pipeline, the FDA dropped review of other meds, massive additional resources were brought to bear. Former competitors became collaborators in order to expedite the common goal. Billions were poured into every aspect of development and distribution, factories were prepped well in advance of how you'd normally do it

Rewind the tape and you'll see there was a HUGE groundswell of naysayers saying we shouldn't have to wear masks, social distance or shut down - because the vaccines was years away IF it was even possible. They bellowed daily about how the whole thing was a farce. And yet the scientists and regulators re-doubled their efforts

And instead of being hailed as heroes, like the Moonshot crew that delivered in July of '69- they were subjected to endless claims that the "rush job" meant a "****ty job."

Nothing could be further from the Truth. This is actually our finest hour ! Developing and distributing an effective vaccine in record time. As of this morning, more than 6 Billion shots have been delivered into arms.

https://covidvax.live/

But the internet thrives on the mistaken idea that a "rush job" = poor quality. And that just isn't the case. The checks and balances and independent reviews at every stage of development are put into place to insure safety and quality. Most of the rush was simply taking out the white space.

Here's an example:  West coast clinical researcher finishers her day, tabulates results and sends them to the East Coast HQ at 3pm Pacific. Now that's 6pm EST and under normal circumstances- nobody in New Jersey is gonna see that till the following day.

But in their effort to reduce development time- the NJ team worked late and turned it around that night. We just shaved 12+ hours off the development time. Now multiply that by hundred or thousands of similar events spanning every time zone around the world. That's how you expedite, that's how you rush things along. They didn't cut corners - they simply made it a priority in their lives- taking time away from families to make these vaccines a reality for the benefit of everybody. Even the ignorant naysayers.

So the next time you hear some jackass whining about a rush job - remember this:
They haven't a ******* clue what they are talking about- and should be shunned.

Edited by Shanedorf
  • Like 10

11 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

Pardon the interruption, but these vaccines were indeed rushed...it would have been criminal not to. People literally worked 24/7 to make this thing a reality. Why wouldn't it be a rush job ? Why wouldn't you pull out all the stops ?

The Pharma companies dropped development on other meds in their pipeline, the FDA dropped review of other meds, massive additional resources were brought to bear. Former competitors became collaborators in order to expedite the common goal. Billions were poured into every aspect of development and distribution, factoried wre prepped well in advance of how you'd normally do it

Rewind the tape and you'll see there was a HUGE groundswell of naysayers saying we shouldn't have to wear masks, social distance or shut down - because the vaccines was years away IF it was even possible. They bellowed daily about how the whole thing was a farce. And yet the scientists and regulators re-doubled their efforts

And instead of being hailed as heroes, like the Moonshot crew that delivered in July of '69- they were subjected to endless claims that the "rush job" meant a "****ty job."

Nothing could be further from the Truth. This is actually our finest hour ! Developing and distributing an effective vaccine in record time. As of this morning, more than 6 Billion shots have been delivered into arms.

But the internet thrives on the mistaken idea that a "rush job" = poor quality. And that just isn't the case. The checks and balances and independent reviews at every stage of development are put into place to insure safety and quality. Most of the rush was simply taking out the white space.

Here's an example:  West coast clinical researcher finishers her day, tabulates results and sends them to the East Coast HQ at 3pm Pacific. Now that's 6pm EST and under normal circumstances- nobody in New Jersey is gonna see that till the following day.

But in their effort to reduce development time- the NJ team worked late and turned it around that night. We just shaved 12+ hours off the development time. Now multiply that by hundred or thousands of similar events spanning every time zone around the world. That's how you expedite, that's how you rush things along. They didn't cut corners - they simply made it a priority in their lives- taking time away from families to make these vaccines a reality for the benefit of everybody. Even the ignorant naysayers.

So the next time you hear some jackass whining about a rush job - remember this:

Dang it Shanedorf, why do you have to  be so technical and prove me wrong? 😂

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

The Pharma companies dropped development on other meds in their pipeline, the FDA dropped review of other meds, massive additional resources were brought to bear. Former competitors became collaborators in order to expedite the common goal. Billions were poured into every aspect of development and distribution, factoried wre prepped well in advance of how you'd normally do it

Clapping Applause GIF

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

People only looking at a calendar are saying it was rushed. Even though you put it so well, somebody seeing you said rushed will weaponize it. Not necessarily anybody here, but it's what's happening.

People negatively saying the vaccine was rushed aren't looking at the entire picture. There's never been such a concentrated effort on something like this. It wasn't 8hr days, 5 days a week. It was 24/7, multiple companies combining forces, sharing information, using research/data on different coronaviruses dating back to the 1960's, using SARS data.... All of those things let them put it out quickly, but they didn't rush it. All of the hours put in, all of the years of research they had, and all of the combined effort prove that.

Rush(ed)(ing) will always be associated with negative things. You rush out the door, and forget your keys. You feel rushed, and missed some details. Rush Limbaugh. You rush to finish something, and get hurt. The word gets used for negative things. It's a situation where it's just better to say something else instead. I completely agree with the point you're making, but I don't think it will ever be looked at the way you hope. Even saying "fast" is better. People don't like to be rushed, but they like fast athletes, fast cars, fast animals, fast service....

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Shanedorf said:

Oh... I never thought I'd use it, but here we are...

Team Usa Basketball GIF by d00dbuffet

Yes. Vince Carter over team France dunk, right here.

• Like 2

lol....rand paul saying someone is ignoring science. ask him what he thinks about climate change. he's also an OG anti-vaxxer, been banging that drum since at least like 2008.

paul is a particular kind of lunatic, but very few politicians on either side of the aisle actually know jack about this stuff. most of them are morons with money and a platform who listen to whoever pays enough to whisper in their ear. why you would trust information from someone like that rather than an actual expert is beyond me, but then again, we have people in here getting their news from tiktok and joe rogan, so.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

lol....rand paul saying someone is ignoring science. ask him what he thinks about climate change. he's also an OG anti-vaxxer, been banging that drum since at least like 2008.

paul is a particular kind of lunatic, but very few politicians on either side of the aisle actually know jack about this stuff. most of them are morons with money and a platform who listen to whoever pays enough to whisper in their ear. why you would trust information from someone like that rather than an actual expert is beyond me, but then again, we have people in here getting their news from tiktok and joe rogan, so.

It’s especially hard to take him seriously when he is conflating these requirements with an actual mandate. Not one single person is going to be forced to take this vaccine against their will.

No one has had their freedom of choice removed.

People like him are just mad there are consequences for their choices tbh.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pwny said:

The point is still that the overwhelming majority of these with this discussion are not what you’re claiming, and that what you’re claiming is a small fraction of the discussion and not worth the “both sides” treatment you repeatedly are trying to apply to it. 

You think I'm going to waste more of my time when you're doing exactly what I thought you would in excusing almost anything brought to the table? LOL. OK dude. Enjoy your bubble. This **** was going on for almost a year in 2020 and early this year and you're like "I looked through September's tweets and I only saw 4 things I couldn't make up an excuse for".... well no ****........

Do your own research w/ an open mind. You might be surprised what you find. Good luck.

EDIT: And yes, it might not be 1:1 so my bad for thinking someone would take that so literally instead of the message being conveyed. Next time, I'll try to be more accurate 

Edited by BobbyPhil1781

10 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

but then again, we have people in here getting their news from tiktok and joe rogan, so.

That would be like if someone on here posted a link to, wherever pseudo intellectuals get news from idk Reuters. Then someone read it and talked about it on Reddit and they said, well he gets his news from football message boards. The news didn’t come from TikTok. 

Honestly the way people on here want to dismiss anything that’s on tiktok whether it’s true or not is making me think some of you are literal psychopaths.

6 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

You think I'm going to waste more of my time when you're doing exactly what I thought you would in excusing almost anything brought to the table? LOL. OK dude. Enjoy your bubble. This **** was going on for almost a year in 2020 and early this year and you're like "I looked through September's tweets and I only saw 4 things I couldn't make up an excuse for".... well no ****........

Do your own research w/ an open mind. You might be surprised what you find. Good luck.

Lol here we go with the “do your own research” garbage.

You’re wrong. Period. Sorry that even your cherry picked examples don’t hold to literally any scrutiny whatsoever and that it gets you upset when you’re called out for spreading garbage.

This is what you all do all the time. You post some nonsense that isn’t backed by fact, get called on it, then accuse everyone of being in a bubble and that we need to just do our own research. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

That would be like if someone on here posted a link to, wherever pseudo intellectuals get news from idk Reuters. Then someone read it and talked about it on Reddit and they said, well he gets his news from football message boards. The news didn’t come from TikTok. 

Honestly the way people on here want to dismiss anything that’s on tiktok whether it’s true or not is making me think some of you are literal psychopaths.

the truth is you should critically evaluate the original sources of your information regardless of whether you see it on reuters or ******* onlyfans. however, you, an individual who has repeatedly shared instances of pure nonsense in here from various social media sources, are literally the last person with the standing to say "actually if you interrogate the sources past tik tok it's fine."

• Like 2