Covid-19 News/Discussion

bucsfan333

6 minutes ago, pwny said:

This is what you all do all the time. You post some nonsense that isn’t backed by fact, get called on it, then accuse everyone of being in a bubble and that we need to just do our own research. 

If you’re not careful he’s going to tell you that you remind him of a dorky movie character.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

You can’t find two instances of me doing that. The very best you can do is play the “missing context” game.

one of the reasons i might not be able to find two instances is because some of your crap got deleted specifically for being unhinged misinformation lmao. but no, i'm not going to waste my time digging through this thread for all of the stupid things you've said, sorry!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

Pardon the interruption, but these vaccines were indeed rushed...it would have been criminal not to. People literally worked 24/7 to make this thing a reality. Why wouldn't it be a rush job ? Why wouldn't you pull out all the stops ?

Thousands were dying each day !

The Pharma companies dropped development on other meds in their pipeline, the FDA dropped review of other meds, massive additional resources were brought to bear. Former competitors became collaborators in order to expedite the common goal. Billions were poured into every aspect of development and distribution, factoried wre prepped well in advance of how you'd normally do it

Rewind the tape and you'll see there was a HUGE groundswell of naysayers saying we shouldn't have to wear masks, social distance or shut down - because the vaccines was years away IF it was even possible. They bellowed daily about how the whole thing was a farce. And yet the scientists and regulators re-doubled their efforts

And instead of being hailed as heroes, like the Moonshot crew that delivered in July of '69- they were subjected to endless claims that the "rush job" meant a "****ty job."

Nothing could be further from the Truth. This is actually our finest hour ! Developing and distributing an effective vaccine in record time. As of this morning, more than 6 Billion shots have been delivered into arms.

https://covidvax.live/

But the internet thrives on the mistaken idea that a "rush job" = poor quality. And that just isn't the case. The checks and balances and independent reviews at every stage of development are put into place to insure safety and quality. Most of the rush was simply taking out the white space.

Here's an example:  West coast clinical researcher finishers her day, tabulates results and sends them to the East Coast HQ at 3pm Pacific. Now that's 6pm EST and under normal circumstances- nobody in New Jersey is gonna see that till the following day.

But in their effort to reduce development time- the NJ team worked late and turned it around that night. We just shaved 12+ hours off the development time. Now multiply that by hundred or thousands of similar events spanning every time zone around the world. That's how you expedite, that's how you rush things along. They didn't cut corners - they simply made it a priority in their lives- taking time away from families to make these vaccines a reality for the benefit of everybody. Even the ignorant naysayers.

So the next time you hear some jackass whining about a rush job - remember this:
They haven't a ******* clue what they are talking about- and should be shunned.

Too long, didnt read. But an Alberta cat chiropractor tweeted it was a rush job in 50 characters, so Imma choose that interpretation because words are for losers.

• Like 6

Just now, -Hope- said:

one of the reasons i might not be able to find two instances is because some of your crap got deleted specifically for being unhinged misinformation lmao. but no, i'm not going to waste my time digging through this thread for all of the stupid things you've said, sorry!

I wouldn’t call their posts unhinged misinformation but that was other people. Mine got left up. I remember because it actually made me a little paranoid. Like why am I the only vaccine skeptic whose posts are staying up.

6 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

I guarantee exactly 0 people in the "do your own research" crowd have any idea how to interpret (or even find) actual primary research, let alone the skills to do a proper meta analysis. 

it's amazing because there are legitimate critiques of the way credentialed expertise is leveraged as a political device to exclude communities but generally those critiques hold more weight, when, say, they're generated by communities that have suffered years of neglect organizing against government agencies who deny the agricultural runoff in their water is causing cancer. less so for weirdos with an axe to grind who learned how to operate google a few months ago and have watched three youtube videos

Edited by -Hope-
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, pwny said:

You’re wrong. Period.

Prove I'm wrong. Since you know it all, show me. Give me quantitative data to suggest I am incorrect in my statement.

I have zero problems w/ admitting I am wrong. I actually like it b/c that means I learned something. Provide me tangible evidence that suggests the left didn't politicize this as much, or nearly as much, as the right. Your opinion is not valid.

11 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

I guarantee exactly 0 people in the "do your own research" crowd have any idea how to interpret (or even find) actual primary research, let alone the skills to do a proper meta analysis. 

Well I did the research for him and all he did was make excuses and attempt to shift the conversation to something else. What else am I supposed to do if he truly cares? I'm not wasting more of my time w/ someone too hard-headed to admit they were (potentially) wrong about something.

Edited by BobbyPhil1781