Covid-19 News/Discussion

bucsfan333

7 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I mean, I guess I must be the only person who has 3 acquaintances and/or friends who have died from Covid under the age of 45 in the last 4 weeks. I’m not sure what data people are looking at, let alone how so many don’t have some sort of personal experience here.

That’s awful man, sorry to hear it.

4 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

That’s awful man, sorry to hear it.

1 was the former teammate, 1 was a local guy who was a teacher and coach I coached against, and 1 was a 40 year old paramedic and first responder with 4 kids. I don’t know what more people want here. I’m genuinely not sure what more to point out here. 35-45 year olds don’t die from a minor cold guys.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Kirill said:

Getting jabbed tomorrow thx to people in this thread educating me I remember your names really appreciate that 

Appreciate you doing it. Make sure you've got some water and some ibuprofen on hand, but don't take the ibuprofen (Advil) until after if you need it.

Edited by ramssuperbowl99
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I mean, I guess I must be the only person who has 3 acquaintances and/or friends who have died from Covid under the age of 45 in the last 4 weeks. I’m not sure what data people are looking at, let alone how so many don’t have some sort of personal experience here.

That's terrible. Really sorry. 

The data people are looking at is whatever fits their narrative. Just look at the data that says to drink bleach, fish tank cleaner, and livestock dewormer instead of putting a piece of cloth over your mouth and nose. It basically comes down to "I don't want to be told what to do" is somehow worth more than human lives. 

21 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

You say thought, I say he knew

Everything he said was right

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kirill said:

Bro I’m like exactly where Chomsky is I swear I know some smart friends that read that dude and think he’s some god I must be a god

He’s definitely in what I like to call the “This will literally never happen” quadrant. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

He’s definitely in what I like to call the “This will literally never happen” quadrant. 

Yeah I have a feeling it’s a psychological weakness to be in that area and not actually be well read or intelligent like you just want anarchy but I answered all that crap honestly 

• Like 1

Oh and for the record, I’ll be in line to get the booster when that comes out in a few weeks for me, and I’m actually weighing whether or not to get a flu shot. I’m leaning towards actually getting it but telling Rams I didn’t and saying it’s a scam just to watch him lose his mind.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Kirill said:

Yeah I have a feeling it’s a psychological weakness to be in that area and not actually be well read or intelligent like you just want anarchy but I answered all that crap honestly 

I don't think it's weakness, a lot of younger people start out on extreme sides because that's a more blanket position. More balanced positions can come with nuance and experience (e.g. normally I love the free market but for [thing X] I've seen it doesn't work, so I carve out an exception).

Keep challenging your own beliefs, and remember the only real weakness is an inability to admit you were wrong. You may be surprised how much the exceptions you carve out as important can change the overall scale. Or they may not, but by challenging them you'll be more confident in the end result either way.

Or at least that's been my experience.

Edited by ramssuperbowl99
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Oh and for the record, I’ll be in line to get the booster when that comes out in a few weeks for me, and I’m actually weighing whether or not to get a flu shot. I’m leaning towards actually getting it but telling Rams I didn’t and saying it’s a scam just to watch him lose his mind.

I'm so past giving a **** about flu shots at this point it's not even worth the effort of lying about it.

1 minute ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I don't think it's weakness, a lot of younger people start out on extreme sides because that's a more blanket position. More balanced positions can come with nuance and experience (e.g. normally I love the free market but for [thing X] I've seen it doesn't work, so I carve out an exception).

Keep challenging your own beliefs, and remember the only real weakness is an inability to admit you were wrong. You may be surprised how much the exceptions you carve out as important can change the overall scale. Or they may not, but by challenging them you'll be more confident in the end result either way.

Or at least that's been my experience.

Super Troopers Good Job GIF by Searchlight Pictures

1 minute ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I'm so past giving a **** about flu shots at this point it's not even worth the effort of lying about it.

Isn’t it cool that exactly 102 years after the entire world lied about the Spanish Flu, the entire world is lying about another alleged pandemic? (Smirks)

• Like 2