Covid-19 News/Discussion

bucsfan333

1 minute ago, Deadpulse said:

It's a catch 22 I think. If they didnt scale it back, business and floors would have to shut down. However, you are right, it is likely causing more spread too. I think its riding that fine line of being too lenient but lenient enough to not cause total shut down. 

No doubt. Frankly, I don't even blame them if they were right and saw their window and took it to the best of their ability. Here in Ohio, hospitalizations are at their peak, numbers are at their peak, but ICU cases are DOWN...I'm not speaking for everyone, and some of that data is far from perfect, but let's all hope that they're there given a large contingent of the population will never be vaccinated.

The omicron coronavirus variant will infect “just about everybody” regardless of vaccination status, top U.S. infectious-disease expert Anthony S. Fauci said Tuesday.

But those who have been vaccinated will “very likely, with some exceptions, do reasonably well,” and avoid hospitalization and death, said Fauci, speaking at a virtual “fireside chat” with the Center for Strategic and International Studies.

Free:

Opinion: Want to just get omicron and get it over with? Here’s why you shouldn’t.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2022/01/12/want-just-get-omicron-get-it-over-with-heres-why-you-shouldnt/

Global health experts are casting doubt on the strategy of giving people coronavirus vaccine boosters every few months, warning there’s not enough data to support the unsustainable policy — especially given the extreme demand in many parts of the world for first shots. While one booster dose is needed to extend vaccine protection over time and additional doses can be part of contingency plans, “repeated vaccinations within short intervals would not represent a sustainable long-term strategy,” the European Medicines Agency’s head of vaccines, Marco Cavaleri, said during a briefing Tuesday.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TVScout said:

The omicron coronavirus variant will infect “just about everybody” regardless of vaccination status, top U.S. infectious-disease expert Anthony S. Fauci said Tuesday.

But those who have been vaccinated will “very likely, with some exceptions, do reasonably well,” and avoid hospitalization and death, said Fauci, speaking at a virtual “fireside chat” with the Center for Strategic and International Studies.

Free:

Opinion: Want to just get omicron and get it over with? Here’s why you shouldn’t.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2022/01/12/want-just-get-omicron-get-it-over-with-heres-why-you-shouldnt/

Global health experts are casting doubt on the strategy of giving people coronavirus vaccine boosters every few months, warning there’s not enough data to support the unsustainable policy — especially given the extreme demand in many parts of the world for first shots. While one booster dose is needed to extend vaccine protection over time and additional doses can be part of contingency plans, “repeated vaccinations within short intervals would not represent a sustainable long-term strategy,” the European Medicines Agency’s head of vaccines, Marco Cavaleri, said during a briefing Tuesday.

If Anyone else besides Tony said the part in the beginning it'd be worth more than a grain of salt imo. Done with his BS. 

• Like 1

On 1/10/2022 at 3:27 PM, Dome said:

Eh, I only had one home test kit on hand

im playing it safe and assuming I’m positive and following the protocol as if I am 100% confirmed. My work is did what they normally do and let my close contacts know. We’re all vaccinated and stay masked so hoping it’s all good with them

I get a paid week off, wouldn’t want a negative to screw that up

Wish that was the case at SpaceX. They made the our transport director stay home and use his vacation instead of paying him. Eff that.

2 minutes ago, BullsandBroncos said:

If Anyone else besides Tony said the part in the beginning it'd be worth more than a grain of salt imo. Done with his BS. 

Helps to actually read the entire article it’s referencing and the context.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Xenos said:

You wanted it to run rampant and get it over with. Which is not what is needed right now. And I don’t think that’s what Fauci is saying either.

I wanted to or said that it was inevitable using "may as well". There's not another solution at this point, which I later clarified, and that was also largely ignored here. That's fine, but I don't think anyone was open minded to what I was saying, which I clarified later on.

• Like 5