Raiders sign DE Yannick Ngakoue (2 years, $26M)

RaidersAreOne

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Barmore may fall to the second and Levi Onwuzurike is probably the best DT in the draft. But I think Suh would be a good value signing for us and bring some leadership to the defense. 

Sure I like Barmore too(I actually wouldn't mind him in the first round at 17 at all). I keep hearing about the Washington defensive tackle so I need to actually watch some film on him. Another guy I really like is Marvin Wilson. You can get him on the third day. With Such I'm in different because I have a strong feeling(that's backed with his talent age and past production the last time that he had an offseason) that David Irving will be better than Suh next season(for the fraction of the price). if that was the case it wouldn't make sense to get Suh when we can just draft a DT to sit behind him and develop rather than pay a veteran on a one year deal. 

With that being said Suh is one of if not my favorite defensive tackle of all time so I wouldn't mind seeing him in silver and black. 

4 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Sure I like Barmore too(I actually wouldn't mind him in the first round at 17 at all). I keep hearing about the Washington defensive tackle so I need to actually watch some film on him. Another guy I really like is Marvin Wilson. You can get him on the third day. With Such I'm in different because I have a strong feeling(that's backed with his talent age and past production the last time that he had an offseason) that David Irving will be better than Suh next season(for the fraction of the price). if that was the case it wouldn't make sense to get Suh when we can just draft a DT to sit behind him and develop rather than pay a veteran on a one year deal. 

With that being said Suh is one of if not my favorite defensive tackle of all time so I wouldn't mind seeing him in silver and black. 

Levi is probably the best DT in the draft and the prototypical 3T. 

38 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Levi is probably the best DT in the draft and the prototypical 3T. 

Yeah he's on my list now. He would be a candidate for the type we need. Depending on how he tests he may even be a first round talent also that is a steal on the second round Similar to how I feel about Barmore and Richie Grant

My thinking was to have Key and Beasley at SLB, Tak and Yannick at LEO, and Ferrell at base end.  We can always line Irving at base end on run downs and Crosby on pass downs if Ferrell needs a rest.  When we kick Ferrell inside you have a rotation of Crosby, Tak, and Yannick.  Tak, Crosby, Ferrell, and Yannick is a solid rotation but we still need to collapse the pocket up the middle.  Irving will help but we need more.  

2 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

My thinking was to have Key and Beasley at SLB, Tak and Yannick at LEO, and Ferrell at base end.  We can always line Irving at base end on run downs and Crosby on pass downs if Ferrell needs a rest.  When we kick Ferrell inside you have a rotation of Crosby, Tak, and Yannick.  Tak, Crosby, Ferrell, and Yannick is a solid rotation but we still need to collapse the pocket up the middle.  Irving will help but we need more.  

Did tak sign with the browns?

8 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

who is our SLB? you think Beasley should come back? he looked washed 

SLB in Bradley system is a good fit for Beasley and he will be cheap.  We are not going to fill every whole this year.  I have no clue what the FO is doing this year but currently it looks like they do not either.  All I know is we will need to make at least a few budget signings.

1 hour ago, drfrey13 said:

SLB in Bradley system is a good fit for Beasley and he will be cheap.  We are not going to fill every whole this year.  I have no clue what the FO is doing this year but currently it looks like they do not either.  All I know is we will need to make at least a few budget signings.

I’ve been saying this!  I’d draft Pete Werner ideally but since SAM is only a 30-40% of snap we could just go with Beasley.  He can also kick to LEO to spell Yannick to give him a breather.

Lindy's Pro Football 2019 preview said this...'With 29.5 sacks in first three seasons one of the best young pass rushers in the NFL.'

Of course that was on a pretty talented Jags defense but still good to see what they said 2 years ago.