Raiders sign DE Yannick Ngakoue (2 years, $26M)

RaidersAreOne

10 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

Idk I’m not convinced Hurst is anything more than a 3rd DT, albeit a good one.  I Was so happy to get him.... and he’s shown promise.... but hasn’t ever fully gotten me Excited that he’s turning the corner.

Last year was a major disappointment for me.  He went from 29 pressures and 3.5 Sacks to 13/0.... albeit I fully admit the Pressure % stayed nearly the same (9.9% vs 9.4), as he just more then half less snaps.  And 9%+ pressure rate is very good.  

Idk.... even when he Had 29 hurries in ‘19 I wasn’t impressed.... I always felt there was so much more he had in him yet wasn’t putting it onto the field.

I really hope he breaks out.... I’d be a really big benefit to us. I’m a big fan of Hurst, just a little jaded at the moment.

The one thing Hurst doesn’t have though is length.... and I’m very big on length on the DL.... it gives you larger tackling radius and really helps with twists / stunts.... which I’m a big proponent of as a way to scheme added pressure.

I withhold any judgment before seeing anyone post gunther. For all we know we keep Arden key and he randomly breaks out.

• Like 3

If he gets hurt in training camp and plays through it and then production isn’t what it was before I don’t wanna hear anybody on here saying that Mayock/Gruden dont know who to sign or that they only sign old washed up players LOL 

Edited by Jeremy408
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

I'd rather have some depth to play big end.

David Irving? 

didnt realize McKinley was that small. Itd be an either or for Takk and Key then, i suppose. 

Edited by Geezy

9 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I'd try and get Ogunjobi or Rankins now. Between one of them, Hurst/Irving, and a day 2 draft pick, the interior rush SHOULD be improved.

I too think DT needs to be the next move. Then we're in a good position to go BPA in the draft, which I still hope is DT.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I'd try and get Ogunjobi or Rankins now. Between one of them, Hurst/Irving, and a day 2 draft pick, the interior rush SHOULD be improved.

To be honest, I don't think we've add to the interior through free agency. There's no one better than David Irving in free agency. I would rather build that through the draft with perhaps Daviyon Nixon, Tufele or the UCLA guy in the second.

Just now, Jeremy408 said:

To be honest, I don't think we've add to the interior through free agency. There's no one better than David Irving in free agency. I would rather build that through the draft with perhaps Daviyon Nixon, Tufele or the UCLA guy in the second.

I think we should add a vet on a 1 year.

1 minute ago, Jeremy408 said:

Barmore may fall to the second and Levi Onwuzurike is probably the best DT in the draft. But I think Suh would be a good value signing for us and bring some leadership to the defense.