Raiders sign DE Yannick Ngakoue (2 years, $26M)

RaidersAreOne

2 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Donald is ridiculous lol  

That’s insane.   Last year he only has 45 which was a piss poor year (for him) compared to his 87 in 2018.  In 2018 he had a pressure ever 6 rushes!!   And IMO DT pressures are wayyy more beneficial than DE rushes.

34 minutes ago, Turnobili said:

i dont know about that. i like the idea of plugging holes with FA, so that you can draft BPA to a reasonable degree in the draft. if thats an edge, so be it. FA is short term, usually deals that are up in 2-3 years. first round picks are 5+ year commitments.

For me personally, unless it's Paye, I doubt edge will be a sure-thing BPA at 17. Contrary to popular belief, I don't think BPA is rigid on most teams' boards. For instance, let's say player A is an 8.1 player and player B is an 8.3 player, and Player A fits a defined need, I think most teams will (and should) draft player A.

I just can't get over the value. Has put up pretty elite #'s since enter the league, is 25 years old, plays a premiere position and reunites with a former coach he excelled under. Sure he is one dimensional but we haven't had a viable player at that one dimension in years. This is an enormous get for us.

• Like 1

Cautiously optimistic about the signing. He's definitely a premier pass rusher and we signed him on a fair deal. But I could see this being another AB/Trent situation to be honest. He has already had issues and forced his way out of Jacksonville by publicly criticizing their GM. And in a league that's desperate for pass rushers, we're his 4th team in 7 months. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Cautiously optimistic about the signing. He's definitely a premier pass rusher and we signed him on a fair deal. But I could see this being another AB/Trent situation to be honest. He has already had issues and forced his way out of Jacksonville by publicly criticizing their GM. And in a league that's desperate for pass rushers, we're his 4th team in 7 months. 

I get that for sure but honestly the Bradley connection makes me feel good about Yannick.