Raiders sign DE Yannick Ngakoue (2 years, $26M)

RaidersAreOne

Sure beats Donald Penn! Still can’t shake that off.

Good start to FA. Fills our biggest need in pass rush, with a high sack rate every year who should compliment the players we already have on the edge. All while finding a player for Bradley’s scheme who Bradley has had success with and who I guess has a good relationship with him too. 

Don’t think you could really ask for more. And as such I expect we’ve overplayed and I’m okay with that. Just makes too much sense to allow him to go elsewhere 

Finally, a real pass rusher. Not exactly the most complete player in the world, and he’s certainly no Mack or Miller when rushing the passer... but he is a very solid pass rusher and we could use his services. 

Crosby/Yannick as the End Rushers is a pretty decent combo. Ferrell can still start games and play the run downs as he is a much better run defender than either of those guys, and he can also be a rotational pass rusher as well. Can also move Ferrell inside to rush the passer every now and then. 

Yannick isn't a perfect player, but he fits Bradley's LEO stereotype to a tee. should maximize his talent in this scheme. question now is the money... we still have a lot of holes to fill: LG, RG, RT, DT, CB, FS... WR

Edited by Turnobili

15 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Done according to Vinny:

And by "signed" I mean the @Raiders and Yannick Ngakoue have agreed to terms. Signing will be official on Wednesday. Huge get for the pass rush

i dont like Vinny much, but he breaks a reasonable amount of raiders stories. 

1 minute ago, Rich7sena said:

I'm into it. Also most likely takes edge off the table at 17.

i dont know about that. i like the idea of plugging holes with FA, so that you can draft BPA to a reasonable degree in the draft. if thats an edge, so be it. FA is short term, usually deals that are up in 2-3 years. first round picks are 5+ year commitments.