2017-2018 NBA GDT: Off the court discussions

11sanchez11

NBA Champions  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who's The Favorite to Win it All This Year?

• Warriors
    • Cavaliers
    • Someone Else, Somehow?

9 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

It just really makes you wonder how good this Boston team would have been if Hayward didn't get hurt.

Certainly would have help them offensively, which I think will be their ultimate downfall. Defensively they are really good regardless if they regress some or not. That's a legitimate top 3-5 unit period. Offensively though they still struggle at times. Hayward would have given Kyrie more space and help take some attention away from him. 

Interested in seeing how they fare against the Dubs tomorrow. 

9 minutes ago, tom cody said:

Got to think if Hayward was still playing if they wouldn't be at 15-0 right now. Such a good team and not showing any signs of slowing down.

They have a great system, its Spurs like, but they have also only played 2 western conference playoff teams, one is a dysfunctional Thunder team and the other was the Spurs without Leonard. I dont buy this team making the finals without Hayward. Thursday will be a great look at where they are at. 

36 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

They have a great system, its Spurs like, but they have also only played 2 western conference playoff teams, one is a dysfunctional Thunder team and the other was the Spurs without Leonard. I dont buy this team making the finals without Hayward. Thursday will be a great look at where they are at. 

Celtics are a top 3 NBA team without Hayward tbh. Stevens is the 2nd best coach in the league right now.

6 minutes ago, tonyto36 said:

I think people are only buying this because of past years where Lebron turned it on.  There's some huge differences though.

1. Celtics are much better than anyone not named the Cavaliers in the Eastern Conference for the past several years.

2.  This Cavaliers team is much worse than past teams

3.  The Cavaliers have a ton of new, poor defensive, poor floor spacing pieces, that are attached to old guys who are used to being the guy and pounding the ball (Rose, Wade).  The rest are either just horrible on defense (Korver, IT, Love, Frye), or terribly inconsistent (Smith, Shumpert, Green, Crowder, Thompson).  The teams' defense is worse than last year and they don't have nearly the same scoring or shooting they did.

4.  Lebron is older.  He's such an athletic freak that it usually doesn't matter, but he can't go 48 minutes and destroy teams like he used to anymore.

5.  The Celtics are the first team in the East since the 2007 Celtics that have the wings/defense to guard Lebron.  Jaylen, Morris, Tatum, Horford, Smart, are all capable of taking a rotation guarding Lebron and not getting obliterated.  Jaylen in particular has become an all-nba defense calibre guy.  

6.  Kyrie has owned IT in the playoffs.  IT can not keep up with Kyrie on defense and Kyrie is capable of limiting IT, especially with the rim protection we now have which IT has really struggled against in the playoffs when bigs get away with more.

I'm sure Lebron will "turn it on" in the playoffs and have some monster statistical games, but I don't think that's about 95% of what he was last year, his team is much worse, and the Celtics are much better.   Celtics win vs Cavaliers in 6.  

What makes you think Kyrie can keep up with Thomas? Not a fan of either but Kyrie is abysmal on defense as well.

Archived