2017-2018 NBA GDT: Off the court discussions

11sanchez11

NBA Champions  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who's The Favorite to Win it All This Year?

• Warriors
    • Cavaliers
    • Someone Else, Somehow?

Just now, Texansfan713 said:

Because he was teammates with Westbrook.  Harden was best suited coming off the bench with the Thunder.  Nothing wrong with being another Klay Thompson.  You act like Thompson is a scrub or something. You saying he is closer to Harden is basically saying he will be a MVP candidate and top 5 player carrying a team to one of the best records in the league. Ease up on the breaks a little bit. 

Klay Thompson is a very good player, probably the most elite 3 and D guy in the league. Still isn't a #1 option because he can't create. 

Devin Booker can be a #1 option. 

Kinda crazy, I was catching up on the road tripped pod cast today. It was an episode Frye recorded before the 12 game winning streak. It was great hearing him talking about the chemistry issues, players not knowing how to play with one another on the court, and etc. He ended the comment by saying, when it clicks don’t be surprise to see the Cavs just go off on a crazy run and rip off big chuck of games. He said don’t be surprised if they 20-1, 19-2, or 18-3 at some point. Crazy that they are on a 12game winning streak after he said all that stuff. 

3 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Kinda crazy, I was catching up on the road tripped pod cast today. It was an episode Frye recorded before the 12 game winning streak. It was great hearing him talking about the chemistry issues, players not knowing how to play with one another on the court, and etc. He ended the comment by saying, when it clicks don’t be surprise to see the Cavs just go off on a crazy run and rip off big chuck of games. He said don’t be surprised if they 20-1, 19-2, or 18-3 at some point. Crazy that they are on a 12game winning streak after he said all that stuff. 

Nah we suck. Old and etc

50 minutes ago, DalCowboyzRule said:

He gets some hype, but I see people on twitter saying he's a role player, nothing but a 3 point shooter etc etc when in reality he's closer to James Harden than Klay Thompson. That's not an insult to Klay, but Booker can do so many more things than catch and shoot. 

IMO he deserves to be in the conversation with Porzingis, Towns, Embiid and those guys as the future of the NBA, yet he's rarely mentioned in the same sentence as them. 

He's taking a step forward this year. I think NBA twitter was pretty high on his potential, but him becoming a Monta Ellis type wasn't outta the question. A super talented guy that is a chucker and doesn't play winning basketball. Looks like he really is improving this season and could be a real franchise guy. Definitely didn't see him in that conversation prior to this year though, so acting like he's overdue on hype is a bit much for me. 

1 hour ago, Texansfan713 said:

LOL no he isn't.  When he can carry a team to the playoffs then we will talk. 

I took it as style of play more than level of player. People always compare him to Klay even tho he doesn't play anything like him. He doesn't play like Harden too much, more like Brandon Roy.

41 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

I took it as style of play more than level of player. People always compare him to Klay even tho he doesn't play anything like him. He doesn't play like Harden too much, more like Brandon Roy.

I mean, he plays like Kobe. The Harden comp was because he’s a SG, and I think he could in the future play full time PG. he’s not there yet, but you’re already seeing glimpses of it. 

Either way, nothing like Klay.

A MDA team that ranks 5th in defense. This could be an interesting thing if it holds up. Even James Harden has a positive Defensive rating....admittingly its 0.01 but still his offense is nearly +2 better than 2nd place and +3 better than 3rd place. Harden actually has the best Defensive plus minus of anyone in the top 9 of Offensive plus minus. If Harden were to keep this up, it would be his first year with a positive +/-

I think if the Warriors suffered an injury to Durant/Curry or Green, then I think the Rockets might have a chance to give them a series. Honestly Green is probably the most important player on that team. His suspension cost the Warriors a 3-1 lead, even in the opening night loss to the Rockets, they had a big lead when he got hurt at the end of the 3rd 

Speaking of that opening night game, how crazy was it that the rockets bench scored 58 points. Eric Gordon scored 24 and went 0 for 6 from the 3 point line. Tucker and Moute were both 6 of 9 shooting. Things like that wont happen again. Then again you had Nick Young go 8 for 9 with 23 points...that will never happen again. So its hard to really read into that first game to know if it was a fluke or if the rockets can actually match up with the Warriors. 

I do like the Moute/Tucker/Ariza/Harden/CP3 line up to match the warriors Green/Durant/Thompson/AI/Curry death line up. Rockets dont have the offense the warriors have, but that is such a solid defensive line up. Tucker and Green is old school big boy ball. Harden can guard older AI. Curry vs CP3 is two HOFers battling. Moute is statistically one of the best Kevin Durant Defenders in the league, and Ariza chasing Thompson around is always interesting. 

Rockets would need a HOF moment from Harden to win a series against the Warriors. He would have to take over to the point where he basically becomes the best player in the game. He hasn't really done that for an entire series yet, but perhaps with CP3 taking some of the burden, he can.

I keep waiting for Harden to come back down to earth, but right now hes taking 2 more 3s a game than his previous high, and hes hitting a career best. And his free throws are at a Low for his Rockets Career. He's also basically ended the whole Flopping thing. Not a mention of it this season. 

I guess thats all my random thoughts this morning. Hopefully Curry is ok, I would like to see him back in the gym working out by mid June.  

Archived