2017-2018 NBA GDT: Off the court discussions

11sanchez11

NBA Champions  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who's The Favorite to Win it All This Year?

• Warriors
    • Cavaliers
    • Someone Else, Somehow?

Just now, kyle21121 said:

Yea I'm definitely worried at this point as well. He had an uneven year ago kansas and a disastrous firs 30 or so games his rookie year. He hasn't put anything good together for any legitimate period of time in his career. It's more like once in a while he has a big game and people are like okay this is the Wiggins I was promised then he'll be passive and disappear for a few weeks. 

He had improved slightly each year, but not enough to really be like "Okay, I'm fully on board now".  He hasn't added ANYTHING that doesn't involve scoring to his game in 3 years now.  He's still a below average rebounder, passer, and defender.  Now that his scoring has taken a huge dive this season as well he's become one of the most overpaid players in the NBA.

1 minute ago, seminoles1 said:

He had improved slightly each year, but not enough to really be like "Okay, I'm fully on board now".  He hasn't added ANYTHING that doesn't involve scoring to his game in 3 years now.  He's still a below average rebounder, passer, and defender.  Now that his scoring has taken a huge dive this season as well he's become one of the most overpaid players in the NBA.

Agreed. It's funny in college it looked like he could be an all NBA defensive player. He's a top notch athlete. I do wonder if it's a heart/passion thing. I do wonder if he had a different HC or a different system would change anything? He was just always able to get by on god given gifts. 

8 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Impressive win on a b2b without wade 

No doubt. But LeBron shouldn't be playing 41 minutes on a back to back, especially one where there is a early game start the next day.

I watched the last eight minutes of the 4th quarter. Bron really takes the air out of the ball and kills the offense at times, but at the same time it slows the tempo and takes the opposing team out of rhythm. That's why the Cavs defense has been so good in a lot of these games in the 4th quarter. Wizards couldn't get anything going for a good three or four minute stretch. 

Winning on a back to back where LeBron shoots 8-23? Not bad, not bad at all. One thing to watch is LeBron is now 4-17 from down town in the last three games. 

7 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

No doubt. But LeBron shouldn't be playing 41 minutes on a back to back, especially one where there is a early game start the next day.

I watched the last eight minutes of the 4th quarter. Bron really takes the air out of the ball and kills the offense at times, but at the same time it slows the tempo and takes the opposing team out of rhythm. That's why the Cavs defense has been so good in a lot of these games in the 4th quarter. Wizards couldn't get anything going for a good three or four minute stretch. 

Winning on a back to back where LeBron shoots 8-23? Not bad, not bad at all. One thing to watch is LeBron is now 4-17 from down town in the last three games. 

I’d prefer he never plays another b2b again but I guess if he’s gonna you might as well play him as much as it takes to win. He’s a different kind of dude, 41 minutes to him isn’t really the same as it is for others. He’s in such good shape and he’s so big he can withstand the abuse. Plus he takes like 3 and a half qtrs of defense off. 

Just now, sdrawkcab321 said:

I’d prefer he never plays another b2b again but I guess if he’s gonna you might as well play him as much as it takes to win. He’s a different kind of dude, 41 minutes to him isn’t really the same as it is for others. He’s in such good shape and he’s so big he can withstand the abuse. Plus he takes like 3 and a half qtrs of defense off. 

The thing is, you never know when it will come back to hurt him. Kobe in season 17 was playing great and playing big minutes in back to backs, and then all of a sudden tears his Achilles. Playing b2b is fine, but keep the minutes around 30-33, and not 41. 

8 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

The thing is, you never know when it will come back to hurt him. Kobe in season 17 was playing great and playing big minutes in back to backs, and then all of a sudden tears his Achilles. Playing b2b is fine, but keep the minutes around 30-33, and not 41. 

It would be nice. But that’s an auto loss at that point. We don’t have another ball handler besides wade until IT gets back. So you might as well go for the win than lose and play 33. Kobe had a lot longer list of injuries at that point than Lebron. 

43 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

It would be nice. But that’s an auto loss at that point. We don’t have another ball handler besides wade until IT gets back. So you might as well go for the win than lose and play 33. Kobe had a lot longer list of injuries at that point than Lebron. 

Sure, but you just never know when the body will break down once you get to years 14, 15, 16, etc. Even if the have to Cavs sacrifice a win or two by playing him less minutes, does it really matter?

Archived