2017-2018 NBA GDT: Off the court discussions

11sanchez11

NBA Champions  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who's The Favorite to Win it All This Year?

• Warriors
    • Cavaliers
    • Someone Else, Somehow?

26 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

He would be perfect for OKC. They need someone off the 2nd unit that could create for others and get their own shot off. Would instantly improve their bench. 

OKC can't trade a 1st round pick until 2022, so if they want him then I'll take Terrance Ferguson.

Cowherd is such a joke.  Literally the other day he was justifying IT close lining Wiggins because " theres an unwritten rule that you don't embarass the other team..." and now today hes calling Lillard a child for being upset at Chris Paul for taking the layup against the Blazers when he could have dribbled out the clock.

He literally says things one day,  then says things completely contradicting things he has said before when it fits the narrative he wants.  He will either bring up what he has said before when its proven right, or completely ignore it when what he said was wrong.  But always says everything with a smugness that he has everything  figured out and other people aren't as smart as him.  I don't understand how people can listen to him on a regular basis.

He's an entertainer who needs something to talk about everyday. I don't think he keeps track of whatever he said before like he's a politician who is gonna get grilled for flip flopping. I'm not making excuses for him, just people need to stop taking these people and their shows seriously. There's a lot more productive things you can do with your time, there's like 1000 great podcasts out there.

4 minutes ago, grubs10 said:

Cowherd is such a joke.  Literally the other day he was justifying IT close lining Wiggins because " theres an unwritten rule that you don't embarass the other team..." and now today hes calling Lillard a child for being upset at Chris Paul for taking the layup against the Blazers when he could have dribbled out the clock.

He literally says things one day,  then says things completely contradicting things he has said before when it fits the narrative he wants.  He will either bring up what he has said before when its proven right, or completely ignore it when what he said was wrong.  But always says everything with a smugness that he has everything  figured out and other people aren't as smart as him.  I don't understand how people can listen to him on a regular basis.

Talk radio on slow news days is BRUTAL pretty much whoever is doing a show. 

13 hours ago, Mossburg said:

Durant's number were insane and they still got crapped on by Lou. That last 3 was hilarious.

Every now and then some NBA random has one of these. I know Lou is a crazy scorer but it was still nuts. That Andre Miller game some years back was still the craziest and most random explosion I've seen because it was Andre Miller.

@Tyronnosaurus

1 hour ago, Mossburg said:

He's an entertainer who needs something to talk about everyday. I don't think he keeps track of whatever he said before like he's a politician who is gonna get grilled for flip flopping. I'm not making excuses for him, just people need to stop taking these people and their shows seriously. There's a lot more productive things you can do with your time, there's like 1000 great podcasts out there.

I get that and I don't take them seriously.  I just was so surprised the other day when he was justifying the IT close line by saying the Cavs were losing big so it was ok for IT to blatantly do that because the Wolves shouldn't be embarrassing the Cavs like that by continuing to play the game.  In that case the only answer is play defense if you don't wanna get embarrassed don't close line the dude but Cowherd went the opposite direction.  And then 48 hours later hes calling Lillard a baby for complaining and telling him to guard Chris Paul if you don't want him taking the layup, but in that situation the clock actually would have run out and there was no actual reason for the layup.

Like not only did he contradict himself within 48 hours but he was also wrong both times.  I don't think the Chris Paul thing was all that terrible but its not Like Dame started a fight over it and most people in that situation with ~12 seconds left and a ~7 point lead do dribble the clock out instead of taking the two cheap points.

2 hours ago, Mossburg said:

Exactly, there’s the Dan Le Batard Show to listen to...

Kyrie has been awful so far.  Terrible passes and some terrible hero shots, along with not finishing good looks.  

-

ANother game where it goes to show size matters in the NBA and even the most skilled PGs can get wiped out by length.  Meanwhile the Sixers size in Simmons and Embiid is obvious.

Celtics have been really impressive doubling Embiid in the post and doing all the right rotations so the Sixers can't punish with a kick out.

Seeing a smart double team from different players followed by 4 to 6 clean rotations.  Clinic level defense.

Celtics played incredibly sloppy in the first half but have been playing great defensively and much smarter on offense (noticeably because Kyrie isn't out there forcing bad entry passes/turning it over).

Celtics such an enjoyable team to watch when they have their head on straight.   It's like watching a coaching tape on how to play the game right.    Stevens finger prints all over it.  

Archived