2017-2018 NBA GDT: Off the court discussions

11sanchez11

NBA Champions  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who's The Favorite to Win it All This Year?

• Warriors
    • Cavaliers
    • Someone Else, Somehow?

4 minutes ago, Darkness said:

After tonight, Steph will be averaging about 28 PPG (50/43/91) .675 TS in 33 MPG. Curry and Durant might be playing at the collective highest peak of any combo in league history. 

Both with really good shots at having 50/40/90 seasons. Heck, Klay has two of the three categories down, and isn't that far off at the third category. 

Fascinating how quickly the NBA has changed recently. Players like Kenneth Faried, big men who are not good shooters or rim protectors, have been hit the hardest. A few years ago he was mentioned as a top 100 player, considered a nice part of plenty of the fantasy trades drawn up for the Nuggets, and given a $10M/year contract (well before the cap boom). Now? He cannot even crack the rotation of a fringe playoff team.

This is the exact same guy who averaged an efficient 13 points and 9 boards in under 30 minutes per game during his 2nd and 3rd season. Nothing special, but definitely someone you would consider an asset. You'd have to imagine there's just no market for players like him, otherwise the Nuggets would have traded him awhile ago, or a guy like Montrezl wouldn't be a throw in type of guy. 

Maybe it wasn't that slow and I'm just slow to digest it. I know stretch 4s have been around, a luxury in the mid to late 00s, then pretty common like 2013, but not until 2015 or 2016 did it feel like they became essential (with exceptions).

Most stretch 4’s before were just big, unathletic spot up shooters with minimal or negative impact elsewhere. Their deficiencies as defenders made them one dimensional. Green’s breakout as a foundation for the Warriors championship success playing “small” should be an obvious blueprint for the evolution of the position. James, Durant, George, Leonard etc should all ideally be primarily playing PF

Fire sale!  Who wants Tyreke Evans?  How about James Ennis III?  Who's interested in Jamychal Green?  This is Memphis' chance to add a true elite talent and they need to trade everyone that won't piss off season ticket holders.  Gasol should have a 2 game a week limit as well, both to limit wins and give more time to Davis and Rabb.

Give me Michael Porter, Jr!  Or Ayton.  Or Bagley III.  Or Doncic.

A great point was made to show you different this league is from even 5 years ago. Any elite prospect that is a big, the question has to be asked of them is if they can shoot. Like prospect X “great athleticism, long, great footwork, can score inside at will...yeah but can he shoot from the perimeter?” That where we are on now. 

1 hour ago, seminoles1 said:

Fire sale!  Who wants Tyreke Evans?  How about James Ennis III?  Who's interested in Jamychal Green?  This is Memphis' chance to add a true elite talent and they need to trade everyone that won't piss off season ticket holders.  Gasol should have a 2 game a week limit as well, both to limit wins and give more time to Davis and Rabb.

I would love Tyreke Evans for Boston he can do it all and would be the perfect player for multiple positions. What do you think Memphis will be looking for in compensation?

4 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

I would love Tyreke Evans for Boston he can do it all and would be the perfect player for multiple positions. What do you think Memphis will be looking for in compensation?

I'm really not sure.  Lou went for a late 1st last season, so I'm sure they'd want and expect something similar.  For Boston I would think either their 2018 1st round pick or Terry Rozier.

1 minute ago, seminoles1 said:

I'm really not sure.  Lou went for a late 1st last season, so I'm sure they'd want and expect something similar.  For Boston I would think either their 2018 1st round pick or Terry Rozier.

I would give up Boston's 2018 pick. Boston does not need another rookie on this roster plus Evans is on a cheap contract. 

3 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

Memphis will screw it up like they always do.

Archived