2017-2018 NBA GDT: Off the court discussions

11sanchez11

NBA Champions  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who's The Favorite to Win it All This Year?

• Warriors
    • Cavaliers
    • Someone Else, Somehow?

2 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

Sooo was this good for the cavs?

Getting rid of IT/Frye/Rose/Shumpert/Crowder/Wade while adding Hill/Hood/Clarkson/Nance? Yes, it was good for the Cavs. Losing the 1st rounder wasn't ideal, but they revamped their roster as well as they could at this point of the season.

8 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Ball looks like he doesn't want the ball 90% of the time he is on the court. He passes quicker than any player in the league.

Yeah if he is going to be everything they want him to be he is going to need the ball in his hands to run the offense and not IT. 

1 minute ago, Kip Smithers said:

So let me get this straight Cavs lose:

Rose, Crowder, Shump, Wade, pick, Frye, IT

but gain: Hill, Hood, Nance, Clarkson

I don’t know if the Cavs are any better lol. Fair to say this is a lateral move?

seeing as everyone of those Cavs players have been terrible this year (except Frye), I would say the Cavs got better.

Just now, Kip Smithers said:

I don’t know if the Cavs are any better lol. Fair to say this is a lateral move?

I don't see how it is a lateral move. Shump/Rose were trash, IT was GARBAGE with his current form, Wade was solid, but the Frye loss hurts the spacing until Love is gone.

Hill is a much better fit with LeBron than IT, Hood is good and an upgrade at the SG position, Clarkson off the bench is solid and Nance provides energy. They just got better fits and improved on their needs more so than the talent alone. Not having a legit #2 option on the perimeter is going to hurt come playoff time though. 

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Getting rid of IT/Frye/Rose/Shumpert/Crowder/Wade while adding Hill/Hood/Clarkson/Nance? Yes, it was good for the Cavs. Losing the 1st rounder wasn't ideal, but they revamped their roster as well as they could at this point of the season.

AND kept Osman, Zizic and the Brooklyn pick. Overall it’s a win for us. 

Having said that we still aren’t beating Golden State. 

2 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

I mean they lose a quality wing defender in Crowder, and their top scorer for their 2nd unit in Wade, everything else wasn't worth anything I would say.  Hill becomes the new starting PG, which is a significant upgrade there.  Clarkson is a good scorer off the bench which should offset the loss of Wade.  Hood might even start over JR Smith the way he's been struggling.  Nance isn't as good as Crowder, but he's young and athletic.  I don't see how anyone could call this anything but a big win for Cleveland.

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

It’s bad for the Cavs because the trades they made was admitting they made a HUGE mistake in letting the GM go and trading Irving away. I like the Hood trade and the Cavs got younger. These guys aren’t helping you come close to beating the Warriors. I doubt they get out of the ECF. The Celtics  is better than the Cavs up and down and that’s without Hayward. So my thinking is LeBron leaves and the Cavs are building towards the future with these moves plus the Nets pick.

2 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

AND kept Osman, Zizic and the Brooklyn pick. Overall it’s a win for us. 

Having said that we still aren’t beating Golden State. 

Lets be real, we have no idea how much better this actually makes the Cavs this season.  Changing half your roster mid season and expecting to make the finals is kind of ridiculous.  No one expected them to be as bad as they were before the season started so you have to admit we don't know how good they will be after the trade.  Its no lock that they make it past Boston or Toronto in the East.

Archived