2017-2018 NBA GDT: Off the court discussions

11sanchez11

NBA Champions  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who's The Favorite to Win it All This Year?

• Warriors
    • Cavaliers
    • Someone Else, Somehow?

1 minute ago, Ferris35 said:

What about OKC?

They're a wildcard to me. I don't think they're better than either of the Rockets or Warriors, and how good the Spurs will be largely depends on the overall health of Kawhi. If they match up with any of those 3 team at full health, on talent alone they may be able to win a game or two, but I can't see them winning a series against any of those teams.

5 minutes ago, renndawg37 said:

The Raptors have an amazing bench. So much depth. 

I like the Raptors, but outside of the record and extended continuity, i don't see anything different from this team vs the teams from the past 2-3 years. Meaning, I still find it incredibly difficult to imagine a scenario where this team gets past either of the Celtics or the Cavaliers in the playoffs.

40 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Jordan doesn't help them win a championship at all.  He moves the needle in the wrong direction.

Yep, the Warriors would expose Jordan in a series. His ability to not be a true offensive threat, not be able to guard outside the paint, and not being able to hit a free throw. There would be no way you could play him in crunch time.

20 minutes ago, RavensTillIDie said:

I like the Raptors, but outside of the record and extended continuity, i don't see anything different from this team vs the teams from the past 2-3 years. Meaning, I still find it incredibly difficult to imagine a scenario where this team gets past either of the Celtics or the Cavaliers in the playoffs.

Depth is a lot better.  Better than some starting 5s in the NBA.  Raptors played well against the Celtics in the past 2-3 years, but never met in the playoffs (during this run anyways).  There's not much to go on, but the Raptors match up well against them.  

Cleveland is a different story.  Come playoff time LeBron makes the Raptors his *****.  Raptors went out and got players just to guard Lebron and then got swept.  I don't know how this version of the Cavs fairs against the Raptors, but Raptors clear goal is to remain in 1st.  Let these 2 team battle each other out and at least have that advantage of home field where they are the best in the league and only have to play 1 of them.

Oh and anyone complaining about Lebron not getting enough calls, try being a Raptors fan. So many calls not called and then a bunch of calls made the other way.  Some just ridiculous like when they went back in time 2 plays to make a call that didn't favor the Raptors last month where the Raptors nearly came back against the Warriors. 

Ultimately Raptors have no chance against the the Celtics, Cavs, Warriors or Rockets in the playoffs.  Raptors will be playing 5 on 5 + 3 refs.  This league has it in for the Raptors.

3 hours ago, RavensTillIDie said:

Bold proclamations for the rest of the season:

If the Warrriors and Rockets meet up in the playoffs, that series will got at least 6 games.

If the Warriors and Cavaliers meet up in the playoffs, that series will go at least 6 games.

Don't think these are too bold. I don't see Warriors having an easy time with either team.

Rockets are biggest threat to GSW in my eyes, but all things considered, they're still a pretty small threat. 

4 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Don't think these are too bold. I don't see Warriors having an easy time with either team.

Rockets are biggest threat to GSW in my eyes, but all things considered, they're still a pretty small threat. 

if rockets get home court they have a legit chance at beating them. stop it

4 hours ago, areksoo said:

Depth is a lot better.  Better than some starting 5s in the NBA.  Raptors played well against the Celtics in the past 2-3 years, but never met in the playoffs (during this run anyways).  There's not much to go on, but the Raptors match up well against them.  

Cleveland is a different story.  Come playoff time LeBron makes the Raptors his *****.  Raptors went out and got players just to guard Lebron and then got swept.  I don't know how this version of the Cavs fairs against the Raptors, but Raptors clear goal is to remain in 1st.  Let these 2 team battle each other out and at least have that advantage of home field where they are the best in the league and only have to play 1 of them.

Oh and anyone complaining about Lebron not getting enough calls, try being a Raptors fan. So many calls not called and then a bunch of calls made the other way.  Some just ridiculous like when they went back in time 2 plays to make a call that didn't favor the Raptors last month where the Raptors nearly came back against the Warriors. 

Ultimately Raptors have no chance against the the Celtics, Cavs, Warriors or Rockets in the playoffs.  Raptors will be playing 5 on 5 + 3 refs.  This league has it in for the Raptors.

Welcome

Firstly, yes to everything you said.

Secondly, No on on here watches the raptors on here and hasn't changed their opinion of them since they lost 4-0 to Washington 4 or so years ago.

Lastly, It's the Rockets fans who have desperately tried to establish themselves as the most disrespected team in the NBA so I think maybe we let them have this one. 

10 hours ago, RavensTillIDie said:

4qtH2Cj.gif

Welcome to the basketball forum? xD

Doesn’t mean we have to go prisoner of the moment so often. 

The Raptors got swept by in my opinion a better Cavs team and the Raptorss have gotten better (also bare in mind they had no Lowry last year)I still have trepidation about them but they as far as regular season goes they are clearly at least a step better than they have been in years past. 

7 hours ago, kyle21121 said:

Welcome

Firstly, yes to everything you said.

Secondly, No on on here watches the raptors on here and hasn't changed their opinion of them since they lost 4-0 to Washington 4 or so years ago.

Lastly, It's the Rockets fans who have desperately tried to establish themselves as the most disrespected team in the NBA so I think maybe we let them have this one. 

they are...

Archived