2017-2018 NBA GDT: Off the court discussions

11sanchez11

NBA Champions  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who's The Favorite to Win it All This Year?

• Warriors
    • Cavaliers
    • Someone Else, Somehow?

Just now, jfinley88 said:

saying in a vacuum is infuriating, but 9 and frank is the answer 

Why?  Legitimately want someone who has their head on straight.  Because the guy I'm discussing this with on another forum is still salty because I told him he wasn't getting fair value for Paul George.  This was my snippet.

Kyle Kuzma is a ROOKIE coming off a 0.4 VORP and a 0.077 WS/48 season. The 8-10 pick last year averaged -0.4 VORP and -.001 WS/48. That's putting things into perspective. In terms of VORP, Kuzma was 10th amongst all rookies. In terms of WS/48, he was 5th with at least 1500 minutes played. He was about as productive as you'd hope the pick would be. Arguing otherwise is just a waste of time. If you want to gamble that you want to play the upside at 9, I'm not going to argue. It's an argument vs. floor discussion, which quite frankly isn't going to have a winner. That being said, if you think it's not a legitimate argument your as biased as ever.

Like I told him, if he wanted to gamble on the upside of the 9th pick I couldn't really argue with him since it's an opinion.

2 minutes ago, RavensTillIDie said:

Kuzma.

Despite the depth in this draft class, there's still a pretty noticeable drop off from the top 8 or so players. And Frank at this point is a net negative, based on his rookie season alone.

I mean, just looking at the production from the 8-10 picks from this year's class and compare it to Kuzma, and Kuzma blows it out of the water.  Quite frankly, Frank's value is similar to Julius Randle after his rookie year.  If you liked him before the season, you still liked him and had hope for him.  If you didn't like him, you probably didn't change your opinion of him.

11 hours ago, bkobow05 said:

Y'all have like $9 Million in non-guaranteed deals, dont you?

Denounce cap holds and cut those contracts and that's $30 Million in space.

Draft Doncic, sign Capela.

yeah, I misread something. We have about 21 million in cap space after we let go of Payton's and Len's cap holds. I personally would cut Alan, 6 million more.  So yeah, we could do it.

edit: forgot about the rookie contracts. So we actually can only get to about 20 million if we cut all of our non-guaranteed. So we would have to figure a way to get to max cap space (stretch Knight or maybe someone wants Tyson/Dudley).

10 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

Is Capela really a MAX player now? Will he be as good on any other than in Houston?? I don't know about that.

With what some other Centers are getting paid, yeah, he kind of is. Will he be as good offensively? Nah, but he brings it on defense.

43 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

With what some other Centers are getting paid, yeah, he kind of is. Will he be as good offensively? Nah, but he brings it on defense.

I guess what I am asking, is it worth paying him the Max? I am sure someone would offer it. Just seems like the type of player a year or 2 later teams would try to trade just to free up Cap space. Like a H Whiteside. 

35 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

I guess what I asking, is it worth paying him the Max? I am sure someone would offer it. Just seems like the type of player a year or 2 later teams would try to trade just to free up Cap space. Like a H Whiteside. 

No. But I think I'm a lot more conservative than most NBA teams. There aren't a lot of guys whom I think are worth the max.

10 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

Kuzma vs Frank and let's say Mikal Bridges??? Hmmmnn. 

One (Kuzma) is a sure thing the other 2 are very talented maybes.

I would lean on Kuz. But that's because I like 6'9 versatile do everything type forwards. 

Gimme Frank and Bridges allllllllll day

14 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

Is Capela really a MAX player now? Will he be as good on any other than in Houston?? I don't know about that.

Houston needs to keep him. He's improved so much and I don't think he's reached his full potential yet. Is he a MAX player? Eh...IDk about that but I only think 10 or 15 players are MAX players so....

42 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

As Lebron continues his impressive run, we are sure to see the Lebron vs MJ debate pop up multiple time and debated for pages over the next month, but I am here to say the debate is pointless because we finally have an accurate simulator (w/ proprietary algorithm) to answer the debate for us: mjvslebron.net

What the???

Archived