FFMD 21 Discussion Thread

EaglesPeteC

5 hours ago, Cbrunn said:

More then welcome to come vote in the war room 

I personally have javonte as #1 but that's how the war room voted 

And you might want to prepare yourself, Steelers don't do smoke screens and they seem to be very interested in etienne

I thought about it but I'm GMing for the Giants so I didn't know if I should still go participate in the Steelers war room.

And the Steelers have shown a decent amount of interest in a lot of players this year which is interesting to me. And they could still target him, I just don't think Etienne's value is first round right now at all.

4 minutes ago, rackcs said:

I thought about it but I'm GMing for the Giants so I didn't know if I should still go participate in the Steelers war room.

And the Steelers have shown a decent amount of interest in a lot of players this year which is interesting to me. And they could still target him, I just don't think Etienne's value is first round right now at all.

Explain your reasoning or your post is pointless. Plenty of teams have Etienne as a first round talent, Daniel Jeremiah has him as #20 overall prospect and #1 RB on his board. If you’re going to say something contrarian at least back it up.

Etienne dominated in college and is a Dalvin Cook clone. He broke the power 5 record for 20+ yard runs and had identical testing numbers, stats, and measurements to Cook.

”The Steelers have shown a decent amount of interest in a lot of players” what is that supposed to mean? Every team meets with a lot of players, what is unusual about that? If you followed the team and their beat writers you would know they’ve shown a blatant interest in Etienne.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, rackcs said:

I would have traded up for him had he fallen to like 29-30, tbh.

• Like 1

That's fine. Most stuff I've read does not have him as a first round player. I guess we'll find out come draft night. I'm not being a contrarian, I'm just sharing my opinion. I haven't seen anything showing that the Steelers have shown "blatant" interest in Etienne versus other players.

1 hour ago, scar988 said:

I would have traded up for him had he fallen to like 29-30, tbh.

Yeah but you'd also trade down from 4 to 19 for Brandon Scherff so

Edited by rackcs

14 minutes ago, rackcs said:

That's fine. Most stuff I've read does not have him as a first round player. I guess we'll find out come draft night. I'm not being a contrarian, I'm just sharing my opinion. I haven't seen anything showing that the Steelers have shown "blatant" interest in Etienne versus other players.

Wound up with two starters out of it. Gonna have 3 out of my first two picks. I get you guys didn't love that trade, but was playing to the market. The market of what everyone here think a guy Scherff is worth vs. what I do is different. And that's fine. But knocking my judgement is a joke here. I also got Jaelan Phillips probably 10 picks lower than he'd actually go in the draft.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, rackcs said:

Bro just take the L on this one.

https://steelersdepot.com/2021/03/clemson-rb-travis-etienne-says-he-had-zoom-meeting-with-steelers/

^Its not that hard to find. We sent our GM, Head Coach, and OC to his pro day, had a zoom meeting with him, and he fits almost every criteria the Steelers draft in the first round besides being an underclassman. I mean hell, go to the Steelers forum for 2 seconds and you’ll see most of us already pretty much know he will be the pick if he’s there. The Steelers very rarely throw smokescreens, sometimes to a fault. 

Maybe go back and read some more articles because literally everyone in the draft community has him ranked somewhere between 20-40 overall. Sorry to come at you so hard but I call BS when I see it. 

8 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

https://steelersdepot.com/2021/03/clemson-rb-travis-etienne-says-he-had-zoom-meeting-with-steelers/

^Its not that hard to find. We sent our GM, Head Coach, and OC to his pro day, had a zoom meeting with him, and he fits almost every criteria the Steelers draft in the first round besides being an underclassman. I mean hell, go to the Steelers forum for 2 seconds and you’ll see most of us already pretty much know he will be the pick if he’s there. The Steelers very rarely throw smokescreens, sometimes to a fault. 

Maybe go back and read some more articles because literally everyone in the draft community has him ranked somewhere between 20-40 overall. Sorry to come at you so hard but I call BS when I see it. 

Just because you guys care so much about the accuracy of a mock draft in which fake GMs have complete autonomy, I'm going to take a kicker in the second round. Let the Steelers have Etienne if that's who they want. The Titans will still win the Super Bowl behind the leg of my second-round pick. 

Miranda Lambert GIF by Academy of Country Music Awards

Edited by SpacemanSpiff
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, RTTRUTH said:

Newbie here. Pure curiosity, who compiled the rankings in the draft doc?? Is that all @EaglesPeteC

I pulled the listing from this site, https://www.profootballnetwork.com/nfl-draft-prospects-2021-updated-big-board-player-rankings/ but it was pulled really early in the year and due to a surgery I recently underwent I wasn't able to update it for this mock draft. 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

They zoomed with him and went to his pro day? That's it? I did a very basic amount of googling and found out that our GM, HC, and OC were all at the UNC pro day and have zoomed with Javonte Williams as well. They've zoomed with Liam Eichenberg and the report said that they were all going to be at that pro day as well. The GM and HC were both at Florida State for their pro day. If that's all you've got then that's not even close to a lock. And calling anything a lock a month away from the draft is ridiculous anyways. And I've been to the Steelers forum here, there's a reason I don't go there often. 

This is honestly ridiculous. All I said was that I didn't like the pick there but that I even liked Etienne as a player. I could be wrong come draft day and that's fine, the draft is always a crap shoot. So to say that you know what's going to happen a month out is ridiculous. You didn't need to take this whole thing so personally just because one person said they didn't like the pick.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, rackcs said:

They zoomed with him and went to his pro day? That's it? I did a very basic amount of googling and found out that our GM, HC, and OC were all at the UNC pro day and have zoomed with Javonte Williams as well. They've zoomed with Liam Eichenberg and the report said that they were all going to be at that pro day as well. The GM and HC were both at Florida State for their pro day. If that's all you've got then that's not even close to a lock. And calling anything a lock a month away from the draft is ridiculous anyways. And I've been to the Steelers forum here, there's a reason I don't go there often. 

This is honestly ridiculous. All I said was that I didn't like the pick there but that I even liked Etienne as a player. I could be wrong come draft day and that's fine, the draft is always a crap shoot. So to say that you know what's going to happen a month out is ridiculous. You didn't need to take this whole thing so personally just because one person said they didn't like the pick.

Lol this was about me calling you out for saying he’s not a first round pick, not guaranteeing the Steelers will pick him. They could obviously go a number of directions. All I’m saying is if you claim he’s no where near a first round value, when almost the entire draft community has him as a top 40 player at worst, at least explain your take instead of blindly bashing a pick. That’s typically how you generate a good discussion.

https://steelersdepot.com/2021/03/only-steelers-rbs-coach-confirmed-to-be-present-for-north-carolina-pro-day-on-monday/

And they only sent their RBs coach to UNC pro day. Where do you get your info? Still waiting on “most sites I read” that do not have Etienne as a first round value or very close to it.

Edited by bigben07MVP

8 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

Lol this was about me calling you out for saying he’s not a first round pick, not guaranteeing the Steelers will pick him. They could obviously go a number of directions. All I’m saying is if you claim he’s no where near a first round value, when almost the entire draft community has him as a top 40 player at worst, at least explain your take instead of blindly bashing a pick. That’s typically how you generate a good discussion.

https://steelersdepot.com/2021/03/only-steelers-rbs-coach-confirmed-to-be-present-for-north-carolina-pro-day-on-monday/

And they only sent their RBs coach to UNC pro day. Where do you get your info? Still waiting on “most sites I read” that do not have Etienne as a first round value or very close to it.

Nah I'm good. I don't see this discussion getting productive at all so we'll just see what happens draft day. The unexpectedness is what makes the draft interesting so in the end who knows.

• Like 1