2021 - Cleveland Browns FFMD II War Room

NudeTayne

38 minutes ago, ReggieCamp said:

Are you advocating moving up for him?

Absolutely. I don't want to say more about WHY because I'll tip my hand to who he is. But let's just say I think he's EXACTLY what we need on that side of the ball,Β at a higher level than anyone else still available in this draft, by a lot.

After the Philly trade gave us 3 extra picks, we have something like 12 left right now. 12! For once in the recent history of our franchise we can't roster that many rookies! I'd rather use that ammo NOW for an (imo) elite player, than in a couple rounds to move from meh players to okay players.

10 minutes ago, NFL_Fan said:

our GM (who disappeared after making that trade, never asked the forum. just did it himself, probably drunk lmao) did that lol. We are just trying to salvage what we can. πŸ™‚

That sucks man. I feel y'all. Good luck salvaging it!

33 minutes ago, FGK said:

Absolutely. I don't want to say more about WHY because I'll tip my hand to who he is. But let's just say I think he's EXACTLY what we need on that side of the ball,Β at a higher level than anyone else still available in this draft, by a lot.

After the Philly trade gave us 3 extra picks, we have something like 12 left right now. 12! For once in the recent history of our franchise we can't roster that many rookies! I'd rather use that ammo NOW for an (imo) elite player, than in a couple rounds to move from meh players to okay players.

I fully agree yet don’t at the same time

Β 

love the player or at least what the player projects to be strength wise

but feel like we need to target a different group at this stage in the draft

Edited by malibuspeedrace
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, malibuspeedrace said:

Β 

It's tough because our first needs, CB and (to a lesser extent) DT/CB just aren't great value here. I could see addressing that with our two thirds, as far as value is concerned. I also low key want to make Sonic the Burger a Brown.Β 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, malibuspeedrace said:

I definitely get that. If we're just ranking the positional needs, I'd have his at #3-4 right now. But I think we've gotten to the point with the roster where we can (not every pick, but sometimes) shoot for the moon. We can ignore (to a degree) positional need. Now, would I take like, a QB here? Oh Lord no. But Feels would see the field right away, it's not like we're talking about taking a stash and see player in the 2nd here. We're just talking about addressing our #4 need before #'s 1-3 (which I think even with this trade up we could hit needs 1-3 by the end of the 3rd round with the picks we have to work with).

Plus, it's FFMD, why not go a little crazy?

• Like 1

Just now, NudeTayne said:

Also, if someone offers a second and third for OBJ, do we take it?

NO! Stop it. Stop. (I'm partially kidding, but also, no.) We have so much continuity on offense. We need like, one last piece. No moving our starting X mid way through the 2nd.

giphy.gif

• Like 4

1 minute ago, FGK said:

NO! Stop it. Stop. (I'm partially kidding, but also, no.) We have so much continuity on offense. We need like, one last piece. No moving our starting X mid way through the 2nd.

giphy.gif

rPgksC.gif

I'll believe it when I see it.

Β 

1 minute ago, LinebackerGod said:

I’d consider moving our 2nd for a starting DE or CB, if there are any good ones out there.Β 

I hear Takk Mckinley is available. He is a former first rounder who could use a change of scenery. I'll see if a second gets it done.

• Like 1

Just now, NudeTayne said:

I hear Takk Mckinley is available. He is a former first rounder who could use a change of scenery. I'll see if a second gets it done.

I’d inquire about Joe Jackson while you’re at it. I had a 1st round grade on him coming out of college. Should be able to steal him away for a 4th.Β 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, LinebackerGod said:

I’d inquire about Joe Jackson while you’re at it. I had a 1st round grade on him coming out of college. Should be able to steal him away for a 4th.Β 

Honestly, hot take and all, but I kinda like our DE room and would be okay waiting for a later guy or pick up another FA/trade.

6 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

Honestly, hot take and all, but I kinda like our DE room and would be okay waiting for a later guy or pick up another FA/trade.

I agree. At least one of these guys might pop. I bet it’s Joe Jackson, but I lost all my cred with him.Β 

• Like 1