Dolphins trade 3rd overall pick to SF

JiffyJag

Just now, pwny said:

I did a quick jersey swap for you guys @Forge

sbKyel9.jpg

As crazy as I can get about this stuff....I weirdly think I'd be one of the more calm about a mac jones selection at this spot in comparison to some in our forum. That helmet is sharp though lolol

21 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'm not sure where you get that Fields isn't a fit for the system. The one main knock that I would put on Fields when working with Shanny would be a lack of anticipation throws, but you can just as easily levy that on Lance, who I find waits just a tick too long for things to develop

Fields won’t ever develop into an anticipation throw type of QB (in my opinion, of course). Fields is pretty stiff (although that’s not necessarily a bad thing). I’ve always compared him to a Matt Stafford type. Lance is more fluid, and definitely has the potential to develop anticipation in his throwing. 

I’d bet basically the house on the 49ers drafting Lance before Fields and Jones. 

4 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I would imagine SF talked to the Jets and the Jets said no.  That means to me the Jets are likely going QB at 2.

Shefty said that they never even talked trade. My guess is that Kyle called Saleh and was like, "what's up, we are thinking of trading up, who you taking". 

Just now, MKnight82 said:

Why wouldn’t you try to get #2 though?

Okay, that example was probably poor lol. I think the 9ers already knew what the Jets were doing is basically what I'm saying. They knew the jets were going wilson, so they didn't need to talk about it. The Jets aren't backing down from that. 

Just now, Forge said:

Okay, that example was probably poor lol. I think the 9ers already knew what the Jets were doing is basically what I'm saying. They knew the jets were going wilson, so they didn't need to talk about it. The Jets aren't backing down from that. 

So the 49ers are locked in on who then? Fields? Just feels like this trade might have crapped on whatever value Sam Darnold had left.  It’s obvious the Jets are either going QB, or trying to trade 2 for Watson and then Texans will go QB. Either way Darnold needs to be dumped now.

16 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

So the 49ers are locked in on who then? Fields? Just feels like this trade might have crapped on whatever value Sam Darnold had left.  It’s obvious the Jets are either going QB, or trying to trade 2 for Watson and then Texans will go QB. Either way Darnold needs to be dumped now.

I think all three guys are option, but my own personal belief is that this is Lance

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

I can’t imagine giving up that amount of draft capital for that much of a project.  Cant be lance imo.

I think that they believe they are going rehab jimmy's value and get some of those assets back. I think the rookie sits regardless of who they draft