Dolphins trade 3rd overall pick to SF

JiffyJag

1 minute ago, .Buzz said:

giphy.gif

He'll be successful with Kyle...but feels a whole ton like money left on the table if they went that route even if he has a better career than the others.  A lot has to do with situation in the hindsight evaluation, so it's tough to get past that, but if Shanny takes Mac at 3 and someone takes Fields (I'll pick on Chicago this time), would you be shocked if Mac Jones ended up as the better pro with Shanny than Fields with Chicago? But all I'm going to wonder about is how good Fields could have been with Shanny lol 

Don’t care which QB it’s for as long as 3 QBs go in the top 3 picks. With the Raiders at 17 and needing help all over I’d like every QB off the board by the time Gruden notices. 

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

He'll be successful with Kyle...but feels a whole ton like money left on the table if they went that route even if he has a better career than the others.  A lot has to do with situation in the hindsight evaluation, so it's tough to get past that, but if Shanny takes Mac at 3 and someone takes Fields (I'll pick on Chicago this time), would you be shocked if Mac Jones ended up as the better pro with Shanny than Fields with Chicago? But all I'm going to wonder about is how good Fields could have been with Shanny lol 

I have no doubt he can be at least solid with Shanny, but it's still cringe worthy they traded up to 3 to get him. Especially with Lance and Fields available/on the board when they do it. 

Situation is everything, which is why I was worried when I thought Fields was going to NYJ. But you put a talent like that (or Lance, although I prefer Fields due to floor) and the upside is a whole hell of a lot higher than Mac at his ceiling imo.

Just now, .Buzz said:

I have no doubt he can be at least solid with Shanny, but it's still cringe worthy they traded up to 3 to get him. Especially with Lance and Fields available/on the board when they do it. 

Situation is everything, which is why I was worried when I thought Fields was going to NYJ. But you out a talent like that (or Lance, although I prefer Fields due to floor) and the upside is a whole hell of a lot higher than Mac at his ceiling imo.

That's why I think the pick is ultimately Lance. In order of preference I'd go: Fields, Lance, Kyle Pitts / Penei Sewell LOL

4 minutes ago, G said:

Don’t care which QB it’s for as long as 3 QBs go in the top 3 picks. With the Raiders at 17 and needing help all over I’d like every QB off the board by the time Gruden notices. 

With the 17th overall pick the Las Vegas Raiders select

Clelin Ferrell...Again

*Mass hysteria ensues*

• Like 3

1 minute ago, SkippyX said:

If they wanted Mac Jones they could have moved up to 6 and saved themselves a first round pick.

I think there is a less than 1% chance they draft Jones there.

That's probably the best reasoning for this pick not being Jones, but like I said earlier...this team always does stupid crap with regards to overpaying to go get the guys that Kyle wants. The reports were that they talked with 3, 4, 5 and 6 and ultimately just decided to go up the highest and not take any chances, and thats kind of exactly what I'm talking about. They'd rather overpay and get their guy then actually risk losing him. 

Love this trade for both teams. Dolphins make out with tons of capital, and the 49ers aggressively go after a QB. Way too many teams get way too comfortable in QB Purgatory and stayed there for years. The Niners said nope, not gonna do it. Good for them. 

• Like 2

There’s no chance Mac Jones would go at 3. That’d be a much bigger joke than Daniel Jones going at 6. This is a smokescreen and anyone who can’t see that, needs to see that. 

I have no idea how people see Mac Jones as a 1st Round talent.... no idea what so ever. He’s not even in the same category as the Top 4 QB prospects. Sure, he might be better than Lance day one, but Lance has more potential in his pinky than Jones does in his entire body. And that’s not an exaggeration. 

The media is building up Mac Jones, the same way they built up Dwayne Haskins and his “50 TDs”. I said Haskins would not do well in the NFL and that he’s a “Media Darling”. I see the same pattern now with Jones. He’s not that good of a prospect, and the media keeps hyping him up. 

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

That's probably the best reasoning for this pick not being Jones, but like I said earlier...this team always does stupid crap with regards to overpaying to go get the guys that Kyle wants. The reports were that they talked with 3, 4, 5 and 6 and ultimately just decided to go up the highest and not take any chances, and thats kind of exactly what I'm talking about. They'd rather overpay and get their guy then actually risk losing him. 

Shanny does not have a plan B. 

This has led to mixed results. On one hand, you get Mike McGlinchey, Dante Pettis, Joe Williams & CJ Betheard..bleh

OTOH, you get George Kittle, Brandon Aiyuk, & Deebo Samuel

In a way, i get it. Sometimes we think its like Madden, where if you don't get a rookie QB who's a 84, you get the QB who's a 81, no biggie. 

In real life, you miss out on Josh Allen, you get Josh Rosen (who is on the 49ers LOL). Or you miss out on Baker Mayfield and you get Sam Darnold

The suspense is killing me already...come on Lynch & Shanny, tell us who it is!

12 minutes ago, Forge said:

The pick is going to be Trey Lance if Wilson is gone (which he will be). 

Lance is a solid fit for Shanahan’s system, and Fields is not. Although, Lance needs a year on the bench more than any QB in the first round. 

5 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

The pick is going to be Trey Lance if Wilson is gone (which he will be). 

Lance is a solid fit for Shanahan’s system, and Fields is not. Although, Lance needs a year on the bench more than any QB in the first round. 

I'm not sure where you get that Fields isn't a fit for the system. The one main knock that I would put on Fields when working with Shanny would be a lack of anticipation throws, but you can just as easily levy that on Lance, who I find waits just a tick too long for things to develop

16 minutes ago, Forge said:

This actually makes all the sense in the world.  They knew exactly what Philly was looking for to move down to 12 once they coincided they couldn’t get Wilson.  In trade negotiations with Miami they likely passed on this information to Miami expanding on the all the options they would have on the table.  This leading to the 2nd trade happening so quickly.  I’d still be shocked if it’s Jones but this is intriguing