Dolphins trade 3rd overall pick to SF

JiffyJag

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I think that they believe they are going rehab jimmy's value and get some of those assets back. I think the rookie sits regardless of who they draft

Thats nuts imo. Rehab his value into what? I mean you paid a 2nd for him when he was on a rookie contract.  What exactly are you going to get back?  Call me old fashioned but you can’t trade the amount of draft picks you just did for a guy that can’t play Year 1.  

Just now, MKnight82 said:

Thats nuts imo. Rehab his value into what? I mean you paid a 2nd for him when he was on a rookie contract.  What exactly are you going to get back?  Call me old fashioned but you can’t trade the amount of draft picks you just did for a guy that can’t play Year 1.  

Carson wentz was possibly the worst qb in the nfl last year, had like 50 million in guarantees and isn't generally viewed as a top ten guy. Look at the return he got.

Make no mistake, Jimmy stays healthy this year, he'll be successful and have value

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

There’s no chance Mac Jones would go at 3. That’d be a much bigger joke than Daniel Jones going at 6. This is a smokescreen and anyone who can’t see that, needs to see that. 

I have no idea how people see Mac Jones as a 1st Round talent.... no idea what so ever. He’s not even in the same category as the Top 4 QB prospects. Sure, he might be better than Lance day one, but Lance has more potential in his pinky than Jones does in his entire body. And that’s not an exaggeration. 

The media is building up Mac Jones, the same way they built up Dwayne Haskins and his “50 TDs”. I said Haskins would not do well in the NFL and that he’s a “Media Darling”. I see the same pattern now with Jones. He’s not that good of a prospect, and the media keeps hyping him up. 

A smokescreen for what?

They may not take Mac, but SF has nothing to hide. It's obvious Lawrence/Wilson go 1 and 2. They're basically on the clock.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 49erurtaza said:

Also McVay went to the perfect situation the Rams had talent all over. Kyle had to rebuild one of the worst rosters in the league at the time. Of course the rams will have a better record. 

Irony behind this is that the year before they got their jobs the Niners swept the Rams, including a 28-0 win.

10 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

He can play the first year, Shanahan probably just prefers the guy wait a year. His offense ain't like dustin crops boy. 

3 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

A smokescreen for what?

They may not take Mac, but SF has nothing to hide. It's obvious Lawrence/Wilson go 1 and 2. They're basically on the clock.

It’s a smokescreen because there’s zero chance they take Mac. Zero. It will be Lance or Fields, and I’m 95% sure it’s gonna be Lance. 

5 hours ago, 49ersfan said:

The Rams traded 2 1st rounders for Stafford

The 49ers traded 3 1st rounders for one of Fields/Lance/Jones

Both have head coaches with the same offensive philosophy. Both lost the SB back to back. Both got tired of their average QB and went bold to get better.

The teams are mirror images of each other in a lot of ways

Pretty big difference trading for a known commodity versus a rookie who has a chance to be a complete bust. Otherwise I agree with your post.

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

It’s a smokescreen because there’s zero chance they take Mac. Zero. It will be Lance or Fields, and I’m 95% sure it’s gonna be Lance. 

Ok, but again, if that's what people are hearing is a possibility, what does SF have to gain by putting that out there with zero chance of that being their guy?

2 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

Pretty big difference trading for a known commodity versus a rookie who has a chance to be a complete bust. Otherwise I agree with your post.

Give me the lottery ticket (I assume this isn't Mac Jones fwiw) imo.

3 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I don't think it's a smoke screen do much. When I think of smoke screens, I think of something the team is actively doing. I think the niners are just letting people talk. They did the same during the Stafford sweepstakes

5 hours ago, Forge said:

Jared Goff is Jimmy G. 

Jimmy G is Jared Goff. 

Kyle is 24-9 with Jimmy which is actually a better winning percentage than what McVay has with Goff. Again, context. 

The two franchises are so interconnected it's crazy. Goff was arguably the most important piece for the Niners in our games the last two years. Definitely last year. Now that's gone.

I am certain McVay moved on from Goff because he gifted the Niners three straight wins, dating back to the high school QB bad pick 6 he threw to Fred Warner in week 16 in 2019.

Obviously Jimmy having injury issues is a problem but I also think the Stafford trade influenced this.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FrantikRam said:

The two franchises are so interconnected it's crazy. Goff was arguably the most important piece for the Niners in our games the last two years. Definitely last year. Now that's gone.

I am certain McVay moved on from Goff because he gifted the Niners three straight wins, dating back to the high school QB bad pick 6 he threw to Fred Warner in week 16 in 2019.

Obviously Jimmy having injury issues is a problem but I also think the Stafford trade influenced this.

I love this thing between the Rams and niners. It's the most I've been into a rivalry in 30 years almost (niners / cowboys)