Trade: #6 + 5th for #12, 4th and Dolphins’ 2022 1st

Just now, Kiltman said:
22 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Why do people keep saying Surtain and Parsons at 12?? Explain

As in you hate it?

Hate is a strong word, but Surtain less so than Parsons.

I think I'd rather have Horn over Surtain, but I need to watch some more. Sucks about Farley's neck but that probably causes him to drop.

As far as Parsons goes I just don't expect us to touch a LB at 12th overall let alone one that is involved in a peepee touching case and has questionable character and is still raw. I just can't see Roseman taking him despite his upside and the need at LB.

1 JAX Trevor QB
2 NYJ Zach QB
3 SF Mac/Trey/Fields QB
4 ATL Trey/Fields QB
5 Cin Sewell or Chase WR or OL
6 MIA Chase or Pitts or Sewell WR or OL
7 DET Waddle/Devonta/Parsons/DE?
8 CAR Whichever QB doesn't go top 4/Parsons/DE
9 DEN Parsons/QB if CAR doesn't take one/Slater?
10 DAL Surtain/DE/Darrisaw or Slater?
11 NYG Slater or Darrisaw/DE/Barmore?
12 PHI Waddle/Devonta/Horn/Paye/Ojulari/Oweh (Who Howie will ultimately take)/

1 hour ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Hate is a strong word, but Surtain less so than Parsons.

I think I'd rather have Horn over Surtain, but I need to watch some more. Sucks about Farley's neck but that probably causes him to drop.

As far as Parsons goes I just don't expect us to touch a LB at 12th overall let alone one that is involved in a peepee touching case and has questionable character and is still raw. I just can't see Roseman taking him despite his upside and the need at LB.

Getcha, I think both would reasonably be on that short list right now as guys who should be available.
I think the argument for Horn over Surtain is a fair one if you’re looking at stuff outside the tape. Surtain I’d think would carry a higher value for us than some, he would fit this scheme very well. But then you could argue Horn does the same and is more universal. Chance one of them goes at #10 unless the Cowboys go OT.

Im with you on Parsons, think his chances of being an Eagle went up, but still super small. He too would fit in this scheme well doing what Barr does in Minnesota and could keep him on the field for some of Kendricks MLB stuff.

They both fit the scheme and are in that 10-20 range for most people so don’t see it as a crazy thing they’d be the pick at this point. Especially with OTs making up a lot of that range, which we could take but seems doubtful.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Surtain seems like the most picked apart prospect this go around.

For my money he's CB1 and it's not even close and him blowing up his pro day, where a lot of folks where concerned about his athleticism, only further cements that.  

7 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

For my money he's CB1 and it's not even close and him blowing up his pro day, where a lot of folks where concerned about his athleticism, only further cements that.  

I personally love him and his tape, even before the scheme change which makes him and even better fit.

But I get where someone might come into criticizing him against guys like Farley or Horn during this process. There is a certain “potential allure” to them and speed is always so important.

What was PS2’s pro day like?

1 minute ago, Kiltman said:

I personally love him and his tape, even before the scheme change which makes him and even better fit.

But I get where someone might come into criticizing him against guys like Farley or Horn during this process. There is a certain “potential allure” to them and speed is always so important.

What was PS2’s pro day like?

He ran a 4.42 so speed isnt a concern for surtain. That's plenty fast.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

Horn does have both great measurables and tape though. He is probably cb2 now because of Farley's back issues.

The point still stands.

If both Surtain and Horn are on the board then taking Horn over Surtain is just like taking Jefferson over Reagor.