So, uh...how about round 2?

Forge

Of course there is a possibility of some player dropping to our pick that isnt a CB, but I gotta believe that would be the main target in Round 2.

After that, anything can happen. EDGE, RB, WR, TE, IOL are all about equal to me at this point and I think, with the off-season the Niners had, they dont need to reach.

4 hours ago, John232 said:

I also wonder why the draft pundits have cooled down on Creed Humphry? 

Likely just position. He hasn't been passed up or anything if you notice. It's just all the interior lineman have really been pushed down the board. Makes sense from a positional value standpoint. 

• Like 1

I do like that we made this trade and the Rams and Seahawks are out first rounders in the future as well (correct me if I am wrong). Our second rounders for the next 3 years are going to mold this team (barring and move ups). I see CB in this years 2nd rounder, simply because there are less questions marks elsewhere

https://www.ninersnation.com/2021/3/31/22360177/three-potential-edge-rushers-at-pick-no-43-for-the-49ers

The 49ers attended Washington’s pro day, and Kyle Shanahan has visited their campus during this offseason. Washington has a handful of NFL prospects, but Tryon may be the most intriguing.

Interesting. I wonder who they're targeting from Washington. I hope it's Tryon.

• Like 1

On 4/1/2021 at 7:13 AM, NinerNation21 said:

https://www.ninersnation.com/2021/3/31/22360177/three-potential-edge-rushers-at-pick-no-43-for-the-49ers

Interesting. I wonder who they're targeting from Washington. I hope it's Tryon.

Tryon, Keith Taylor, Elijah Molden are the three names I like out of Washington. Taylor would be a 3rd or later round guy for me but watching more of Molden I’m really liking the idea of him as a third safety/nickel/slot guy. 

8 minutes ago, Fureys49ers said:

Tryon, Keith Taylor, Elijah Molden are the three names I like out of Washington. Taylor would be a 3rd or later round guy for me but watching more of Molden I’m really liking the idea of him as a third safety/nickel/slot guy. 

Molden didn't test well. I imagine he will be a 3rd or 4th round pick now. I wouldn't hate having him, but he's definitely not as shiny of a prospect now.

20 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

Molden didn't test well. I imagine he will be a 3rd or 4th round pick now. I wouldn't hate having him, but he's definitely not as shiny of a prospect now.

Possibly, although I don’t think most people were looking at Molden like some kind of workout warrior. At least I wasn’t, I knew he was going to be smaller and more agile/quick than fast but the dudes instincts and aggressive  nature whether in pass defense or coming down hill for a ball carrier are excellent. Honestly I’m more concerned with the sub 30” arms than the high 4.5 40. Jumps were good enough. I love his film, extremely smart and natural defender and I wouldn’t hate taking him with our 2nd but if we landed him with our 3rd I’d be ecstatic.

1 hour ago, Fureys49ers said:

Possibly, although I don’t think most people were looking at Molden like some kind of workout warrior. At least I wasn’t, I knew he was going to be smaller and more agile/quick than fast but the dudes instincts and aggressive  nature whether in pass defense or coming down hill for a ball carrier are excellent. Honestly I’m more concerned with the sub 30” arms than the high 4.5 40. Jumps were good enough. I love his film, extremely smart and natural defender and I wouldn’t hate taking him with our 2nd but if we landed him with our 3rd I’d be ecstatic.

I think there will probably be better options at #43, but I'd definitely be on board with our 3rd. 

7 hours ago, Fureys49ers said:

The arms were alarming and I'm a big Molden guy