Even more lazily slapped together Regular Season OT

Thelonebillsfan

56 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

If you trade for a turd, you should probably expect turd things. Javy's a clown. 

I know we’re living in a pro-player echo chamber these days but is there a cockier below average player in any sport?

17 minutes ago, DirtyDez said:

I know we’re living in a pro-player echo chamber these days but is there a cockier below average player in any sport?

Not very likely. His last 162 games, his K/BB ratio is 223/24 lol

Edited by beekay414

4 hours ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

It's been less than a year and most of the Wilpon's cultural stink is still there. It's gonna be a process.

Dont disagree there might be some Wilpon stench floating around still, but this "thumbs down" stupidity is coming from the new guys. 

15 hours ago, beekay414 said:

If you trade for a turd, you should probably expect turd things. Javy's a clown. 

This is a bad take and you should hate yourself for it.  Javy is the most entertaining player in the game of baseball on days that Ohtani doesn't pitch.

14 hours ago, DirtyDez said:

Javy is absolutely overrated by some, due to his highlight plays and his playoff heroics from those 2015-2017 Cub runs, but he's still a well above average player.  Even offensively he's been just slightly better than average this year with a 103 wRC+.  If you expect him to be a 3-3.5 WAR player, you'll be fine.  If you think he's going to magically rediscover whatever it was a few years ago that led to him being a 5+ WAR player, you'll be disappointed.

Hoyer did so dang well getting PCA for only a few months worth of him.