Even more lazily slapped together Regular Season OT

Thelonebillsfan

18 hours ago, mse326 said:

I mean they have had an inordinate amount of star players injured, so who knows what the roster really is.

The issue is a lot of the roster is redundant at this point and guys are going to need new money sooner rather than later, but also a lot of them are at lowpoints in terms of value add in a trade. It's a rough spot.

It's 2021, why the hell are pitchers still hitting? I swear to god, if Freddy hurt his oblique on that swing, I'm going to rage.

Just so stupid that one half of the teams IN THE SAME PROFESSIONAL LEAGUE get an actual hitter in the 9 spot while the other half the league has to pretty much throw up an automatic out.

Would be like the NFL giving the AFC 5 downs or the NBA giving the Western Conference 4 points for their 3 point shots. Just absolutely idiotic and archaic. 

Edited by beekay414

11 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

It's 2021, why the hell are pitchers still hitting? I swear to god, if Freddy hurt his oblique on that swing, I'm going to rage.

Just so stupid that one half of the teams IN THE SAME PROFESSIONAL LEAGUE get an actual hitter in the 9 spot while the other half the league has to pretty much throw up an automatic out.

Would be like the NFL giving the AFC 5 downs or the NBA giving the Western Conference 4 points for their 3 point shots. Just absolutely idiotic and archaic. 

Because 1 out of 10 times a fat out of shape guy will get a hit and it will be funny.

This after calling a high strike out of the zone on a 3-2 count last batter. Counsell and Narvaez got ejected. The best part of it is that the home plate ump isn't the only one. Arenado got ejected because the 1st base ump rang him up twice on questionable calls on check swings. Just a total gong show tonight. I've seen better umpiring from teenagers that ump little league games.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/32051068/woman-denied-restraining-order-trevor-bauer

Note: The DAs office is not bound by this so he still can be charged if they feel there is a crime. What MLB can do is dependant on language in the CBA but given that at seems to give free reign to the commissioner to decide I have to imagine this has no binding effect on that either, though will almost certainly be considered. This also doesn't prevent the woman from filing a civil suit if she wants. This was only about a restraining order. And while the judge here ruled in favor of Bauer that is a judge's decsion to make. If there are disputed facts, as there are here, it would go to a jury if the parties don't settle and in a case like this you really can't predict an outcome.

The most important thing from Bauer's point of view is not that the judge said he didn't pose a danger to the woman but that she ruled, based on her opinion of the evidence, that whatever Bauer did was within the bounds of what the woman had consented to. So as far as this judge is concerned there was no crime. And since the burden of proof is less here than in a criminal trial it would be pretty surprising, to me at least, if chargers are ultimately filed.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, mse326 said:

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/32051068/woman-denied-restraining-order-trevor-bauer

Note: The DAs office is not bound by this so he still can be charged if they feel there is a crime. What MLB can do is dependant on language in the CBA but given that at seems to give free reign to the commissioner to decide I have to imagine this has no binding effect on that either, though will almost certainly be considered. This also doesn't prevent the woman from filing a civil suit if she wants. This was only about a restraining order. And while the judge here ruled in favor of Bauer that is a judge's decsion to make. If there are disputed facts, as there are here, it would go to a jury if the parties don't settle and in a case like this you really can't predict an outcome.

The most important thing from Bauer's point of view is not that the judge said he didn't pose a danger to the woman but that she ruled, based on her opinion of the evidence, that whatever Bauer did was within the bounds of what the woman had consented to. So as far as this judge is concerned there was no crime. And since the burden of proof is less here than in a criminal trial it would be pretty surprising, to me at least, if chargers are ultimately filed.

Rip. Wonder when Bauer makes his next start?