Even more lazily slapped together Regular Season OT

Thelonebillsfan

Good to hear it wasn't what was originally thought. When I first heard it I was thinking "oh there's no way, that's horrible." I had listened to it a few more times and then kept thinking there was just no way it was that brazen. I didn't know the mascot's name. 

20 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Good to hear it wasn't what was originally thought. When I first heard it I was thinking "oh there's no way, that's horrible." I had listened to it a few more times and then kept thinking there was just no way it was that brazen. I didn't know the mascot's name. 

Brinson doesn't agree

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/31995324/miami-marlins-lewis-brinson-reviewing-video-says-hears-rockies-fan-using-slur-open-mascot-explanation

Just now, RuskieTitan said:

Sounds like he neither agrees nor disagrees? Every time I "listen" to it, yes, I hear the slur. "Watching" the video with the explanation though, it absolutely adds up. It appears Brinson is saying the same thing? He's open to the guy's explanation. I am sure they will connect and talk it out (if all parties are smart). The Fan seems genuinely remorseful over the situation getting out of hand. 

On 8/8/2021 at 8:11 PM, biggio7 said:

All he needed was people to stop paying attention to him. I like him.

All he needed to do was stay healthy and stop trying to hit 600ft home runs.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: If Bryce Harper comes into a season with the goal of winning a batting title, he will be top 3 in MVP voting every time.

Corbin Burnes
12.79 K/9, 1.56 BB/9, 2.23 ERA, 1.51 FIP, 2.17 xFIP, 172 K in 121 IP (20 starts)

Obviously, if deGrom wasn't hurt, he's the clear cut Cy Young Award winner. With that being said, Corbin Burnes should be the front runner. Lots of media talking about Zack Wheeler.

Zack Wheeler
10.44 K/9, 1.96 BB/9, 2.42 ERA, 2.42 FIP, 2.76 xFIP, 181 K, 156 IP (23 starts)

Pedestrian.

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

Corbin Burnes
12.79 K/9, 1.56 BB/9, 2.23 ERA, 1.51 FIP, 2.17 xFIP, 172 K in 121 IP (20 starts)

Obviously, if deGrom wasn't hurt, he's the clear cut Cy Young Award winner. With that being said, Corbin Burnes should be the front runner. Lots of media talking about Zack Wheeler.

Zack Wheeler
10.44 K/9, 1.96 BB/9, 2.42 ERA, 2.42 FIP, 2.76 xFIP, 181 K, 156 IP (23 starts)

Pedestrian.

hard to ignore the 35 more innings Wheeler has

for reference, Burnes has only 29 more innings than DeGrom

4 minutes ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

hard to ignore the 35 more innings Wheeler has

for reference, Burnes has only 29 more innings than DeGrom

It really isn't. One player here has a manager that knows what he's doing and was worried about managing work loads for a World Series run (plus Burnes missed a few starts due to injury), while the other has Joe Girardi. 

Wheeler can't hold Burnes' jock strap right now. Literally his only advantage is IP.

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

It really isn't. One player here has a manager that knows what he's doing and was worried about managing work loads for a World Series run (plus Burnes missed a few starts due to injury), while the other has Joe Girardi. 

Wheeler can't hold Burnes' jock strap right now. Literally his only advantage is IP.

As I said, give DeGrom the Cy rn if IP doesn't matter to you.