Rhetorical: If Packers were offered a first round pick for Jordan Love, should they take it?

HeresAGuy

8 minutes ago, Blue said:

Oh my god, you really don't understand that those players are terrible and have no business beating out a first round pick on sheer talent alone, do you

They aren't terrible. They are NFL caliber backup QBs. 

Our first round pick wasn't beat out, he was redshirted. How many people have to tell you this before you get it? It was predetermined to develop Love.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

They aren't terrible. They are NFL caliber backup QBs. 

Our first round pick wasn't beat out, he was redshirted. How many people have to tell you this before you get it? It was predetermined to develop Love.

oh my god, this is incredible. Have you ever seen those guys play?

36 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

What I respect is @Blue can take off the cheese shades and look at this without clear bias. 

I command you to not attribute "clear bias" to that guy.

He is clearly biased against the truth and context and comprehension. He (and others) mind-numbingly fail to realize that Jordan Love was redshirted in 2020 for a host of reasons. The entire counterpoint is built ENTIRELY on that lack of understanding (since no other data exists for Jordan Love).

Literally the ENTIRE counterpoint is based on a simplistic takeaway of a relatively complex situation. Honestly, it's not even that complex which is embarrassing for some here.

"“For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple and wrong.” - H.L. Mencken

@Blue has graciously found that clear, simple, and wrong solution for us.

25 minutes ago, Blue said:

I can argue that four months is more than enough time for him to learn the playbook, that his athletic ability alone makes him a better bet to get you out of a game than Tim Boyle, and the best way to develop him is to give him reps and have him prepping for game day like he could go into the game at any moment.

Tim Boyle was a third-year pro out of Eastern Kentucky! The **** do you think Tim Boyle was gonna do if he had to go into a game? He's not changing up protections at the line. He's not running the full offense like he's Aaron Rodgers. He's handing the ball off to one of the deepest backfields in the league and praying he doesn't have to throw a pass over five yards.

I just don't get this blind faith in a guy with four career pass attempts and one of the most atrocious college stat lines you're ever going to see.

Your evaluation of Boyle is clearly based off his draft status and college that he attended. And has nothing to do with what he has find at this level. And yes if he came into a game last year he would have run the full offense. Boyle and Rodgers have a close relationship and go over game plans together every week. As has been mentioned Boyle prepared cut ups for their film sessions and he also made the Monday quiz for Rodgers. So yes he would make checks at the line and call audibles. Obviously it’s not Aaron Rodgers level but it’s better than what the rookie who ran nothing like a pro offense in his life. Now after a year and full offseason if that were still true In year 2 for Love I would be disappointed

7 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Oh you're one of those guys that think teams should have Pro Bowlers coming off the bench.

There aren't 32 QBs worth starting, yet teams should also have a stud backup.

No, they should have a backup who either has meaningful starting experience or upside. Barkley and Beathard are career third-string QBs, one of whom is still coasting in the league off high school recruiting hype and the other off being overdrafted.

5 minutes ago, CrazyJoeDavola said:

Your evaluation of Boyle is clearly based off his draft status and college that he attended. And has nothing to do with what he has find at this level. And yes if he came into a game last year he would have run the full offense. Boyle and Rodgers have a close relationship and go over game plans together every week. As has been mentioned Boyle prepared cut ups for their film sessions and he also made the Monday quiz for Rodgers. So yes he would make checks at the line and call audibles. Obviously it’s not Aaron Rodgers level but it’s better than what the rookie who ran nothing like a pro offense in his life. Now after a year and full offseason if that were still true In year 2 for Love I would be disappointed

Oh yeah I'm sure third-year pro Tim Boyle from Eastern Kentucky has a lot of brilliant insights about playing the quarterback position that three-time league MVP and Super Bowl champion Aaron Rodgers will really miss.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I command you to not attribute "clear bias" to that guy.

He is clearly biased against the truth and context and comprehension. He (and others) mind-numbingly fail to realize that Jordan Love was redshirted in 2020 for a host of reasons. The entire counterpoint is built ENTIRELY on that lack of understanding (since no other data exists for Jordan Love).

Literally the ENTIRE counterpoint is based on a simplistic takeaway of a relatively complex situation. Honestly, it's not even that complex which is embarrassing for some here.

"“For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple and wrong.” - H.L. Mencken

@Blue has graciously found that clear, simple, and wrong solution for us.

You don’t command me to do anything buddy.

10 minutes ago, CrazyJoeDavola said:

Did I say any of that?

I have no idea what point you were trying to make otherwise, because working with the starting quarterback each week to prepare for the game sounds like exactly the sort of thing you want your first-round pick you traded up for to do in order to  get him prepared to start if the starter gets hurt.

5 minutes ago, Blue said:

I have no idea what point you were trying to make otherwise, because working with the starting quarterback each week to prepare for the game sounds like exactly the sort of thing you want your first-round pick you traded up for to do in order to  get him prepared to start if the starter gets hurt.

Do you think the third string QB doesn't get to be in the same QB room as the rest? What are you even trying to say here?

2 minutes ago, MrBobGray said:

Do you think the third string QB doesn't get to be in the same QB room as the rest? What are you even trying to say here?

You're the one making it sound like only Tim Boyle was capable of doing these things. If Jordan Love is in the same QB room, then what is stopping him from doing the exact same things.

Or, I guess, the QB coach, whose one and only job is to *gasp* coach up the quarterbacks and get them ready for game day.

Edited by Blue