Rhetorical: If Packers were offered a first round pick for Jordan Love, should they take it?

HeresAGuy

1 hour ago, Uncle Buck said:

giphy.gif

This is a thread about Jordan Love, not Aaron Rodgers, Tim Tebow, or Tarvaris Jackson, but for some reason you guys seem to have a need to dredge up discussions we had over a decade ago.  Well, as long as you brought it up, I will respond.

First of all, calling Aaron Rodgers "the most talented QB that has played the game" is very debatable.  One thing that is not debatable is the fact that, in spite of all of that talent, he only has one Super Bowl win on his resume, and every other year, all of his fans are forced to come up with excuses as to why he gets bounced from the playoffs. 

Meanwhile, the "left handed fullback" took over a 1-4 team in his first year as a starter, had numerous comeback wins, led them to the playoffs, and threw a game-winning pass in overtime to get a playoff win over the Pittsburgh Steelers.

With Tebow's record of winning in the one year he was given a chance to play, as well as his remarkable talent as a leader of men (something Rodgers obviously does not possess), it is not unreasonable to conclude that he could have duplicated Aaron Rodgers' history of winning one lone Super Bowl over a 15-year span.

You guys can talk all you want to about how "talented" Rodgers is, but he summed the whole situation up perfectly himself when he was trying to take a veiled shot at Brett Favre.  Little did he know at the time that he was actually defining his own career as he said the following:

"As quarterbacks, we earn our paycheck during the regular season, but WE BUILD OUR LEGACY IN THE PLAYOFFS."

It's the quote that has just kept on giving and giving.  Year after year after year.  Thank you for that, Aaron!  xD

So here is the big question:  If you had traded the career of "the most talented QB that has played the game, for that of a left handed fullback miscast as a QB," would the fans in "Titletown" really have missed out on much (other than a some regular season heroics against weak teams)?  Looking back at the record, I doubt it.

You should send this to The Onion.

• Like 1

Just now, incognito_man said:

Did Tebow even have 16 passes that made it past the line of scrimmage?

He had as many as he needed.  If Rodgers had a few more in last year's NFCCG that made it past the line of scrimmage, maybe things may have been different.

6 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Very snappy comeback on your part. 

The fact remains:  16 seasons.  1 Super Bowl win.

3 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

You must have hated Dan Marino and loved Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson

1 minute ago, Uncle Buck said:

No, I'm a big Dan Marino fan.  He was a great (and very likeable) player.

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, Uncle Buck said:

You don't understand?  Is there something you don't like about Marino's personality, or is it his bust in Canton that you have a problem with?

I'm saying that if he's so great by your logic, why didn't he have a ring?

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

I'm saying that if he's so great by your logic, why didn't he have a ring?

I was simply responding to Packer fan logic.  You guys want to claim Rodgers is the GOAT, and you also seem to want to rehash arguments we had a decade ago.  I wasn't the one who brought it up in this thread.  Packer fans did.

If you disagree with me and you don't think Marino was great, maybe you should talk to the Hall of Fame selection committee and voice your disapproval.  

3 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

so here's the issue

You always like to give those short little retorts, thinking your are just decimating your opponent's arguments.  That's just not the case.

You can call this logic.  I call it facts.  Aaron Rodgers was drafted in 2005.  It is now 2021.  Mr. Rodgers has ONE Super Bowl to his name.  The same number of championships that Tom Brady has won since he has been a member of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. 

How were they doing before Brady got there?  Would they have that championship if they had signed Aaron Rodgers last year instead of Tom Brady, or would they just be grasping for excuses like Packer fans always have to do?

We should do a poll amongst Buccaneer fans.  You might find it enlightening.  I'm sure I'd find it entertaining.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Did Tebow even have 16 passes that made it past the line of scrimmage?

He had enough to turn around a 1-4 team, get them to the playoffs, and win a playoff game in his only season as a starter.  Maybe a better question would be "Why wasn't he given more seasons as a starter after accomplishing that?" 

33 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

i really can't tell if you actually believe he compared Mahomes and Love or are being intentionally obtuse

@ET80 - I command you to not like posts like this where it's obvious @Outpost31 didn't compare Love and Mahomes the players. He compared the situations

ET sometimes has a hard time understanding overall points or following conversations, so he sees something like that and assumes I’m comparing Love to Mahomes.

He also had tremendous overliked guilt.

He knows he has way too many likes for the content he posts, so sometimes he throws likes out.