Predict 2021 Falcons record

Championshiporbust

I think they will surprise this year. That defense was lights out the second half of the year. And now they finally have a competent offensive coach. Dirk Koetter is by far one of the worst offensive minds in the league. I fully expect Matt Ryan to be a Top 10 QB this year. And I wouldn’t be shocked at all if the Falcons go 11-6.

• Like 3

Just now, BayRaider said:

I think they will surprise this year. That defense was lights out the second half of the year. And now they finally have a competent offensive coach. Dirk Koetter is by far one of the worst offensive minds in the league. I fully expect Matt Ryan to be a Top 10 QB this year. And I wouldn’t be shocked at all if the Falcons go 11-6.

I agree I think they will be improved this year and will finish 2nd in the division.   Maybe 9-8 or 10-7 and possibly slip in the playoffs?    Arthur Smith seems like a lot better offensive coach and will have the offense in a lot better position going forward.

46 minutes ago, Dr A W Niloc said:

7-10.

It'll be a somewhat tough year for the Saints but the Panthers get Mac back and the Bucs are still formidable.  Love the Falcons' ease of schedule (3rd?), though.

We may be singing a different tune after the draft!

Maybe the Panthers will have Double Mac

• Like 1

I’ve picked the Falcons over the years many times to either win the NFCS or really be competitive to have a shot to win or get into the playoffs as a wildcard. I’m really uncertain about them heading into this season. Defense needs to get better but I want to know what they are going to do at 4th overall. I see that they want to move down and that would be smart because all of the great defensive prospects will be pushed down due to teams taking QBs, Pitts the TE, the top WRs in Smith and Chase and even the OL in Sewell and Slater. So the Falcons could get a bounty for someone who wants Lance or even high on Mac. They can move down and go EDGE or CORNER and still have picks to improve the defense. I’m not worried about the offense at all. Maybe go get a threat at running back. If they can land Harris that would be amazing but it’s going to depend on the defense. 

• 2 weeks later...

Same as what Vegas predicted. 7 wins. Potentially 8 is possible. Things change if they draft Lance or Fields and trade Ryan post June 1st. 

With Lance, 5 to 6 wins. 

With Fields, Still 7 wins, potentially 8 but I do think he will be rookie of the year. 

No matter who they draft, I don't see more than 7 wins in our future for 2021. Defense is bad. Offense is very good but not great. 2023 is when things get interesting for the Falcons both good or bad. 

2022 will be tough no matter what. Atlanta cap situation is so bad. 

I felt Morris did a great job with the defense last year, especially in the 2nd half of the season. Their defense reminded me of the 2016 Super Bowl year. Offensively, it was bad considering the expectations. Ryan clearly lost a step and while he's still useful, he's not a top 10 QB anymore and he's out of his prime. Julio was one of the 5 best players in the NFL in 2016. He barely can stay on the field in 2020. 

7 wins mainly due to the upgrade made to the running game by Davis and I estimate they will draft a RB like Michael Carter for example. 

Edited by 1stpick