The Mega Offseason Workout/OTA/Training Camp Thread

RaidersAreOne

3 minutes ago, G said:

Agreed but that gives us months to 'prepare' mentally and our 'D' is unseen by the opponent. Growing pains no doubt but if Bradley is good then that's an advantage for us. Physically we added some athleticism but we don't have any big stuffers other than Hankins but heavy rotation expected to keep everybody fresh. Yannick might have a little something extra to give to a team he just played for too.

Gruden better have many unseen offensive wrinkles added by then too cause if not then WTF is he doing? Making commercials so his 'brand' grows. Being a winning successful coach will do more for his 'brand' and he needs to get the team ready to play for at least 60 minutes/all 4 quarters as his game plans are garbage in the 4th quarter. If our players are healthy and on point with wanting a successful season, then everybody looks better. I'm willing to trade for a defensive leader to take this team and make them accountable. Problem is...I don't think that guy is available. So develop some fight in our guys but use their heads too. Probably asking too much as things open and the young guys see all that glitters in Vegas. 

The Ravens are just very good and Jackson is one of the most dynamic players in the league. It's a tough game to open the season with especially with a new DC/a ton of new defensive players and a very young, inexperienced OL. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NYRaider said:

The Ravens are one of the best teams in the league and during their season opener the past two seasons they've won 38-6 and 59-10. We also sucked against the run last year.

Ya the Raiders are going to get  blown out just like last year with NO. I know you don't like Gruden or Carr but months is too long of a time frame to give them to come up with a game plan. Plus the Raiders always do well with it beginning of part of the season I'm more scared about the second half of the season.

Just now, Bitty 2.0 said:

Ya the Raiders are going to get  blown out just like last year with NO. I know you don't like Gruden or Carr but months is too long of a time frame to give them to come up with a game plan. Plus the Raiders always do well with it beginning of part of the season I'm more scared about the second half of the season.

The Ravens are probably a top 5 team in the league. 

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

The Ravens are probably a top 5 team in the league. 

They play in the weak division and had a weak schedule. They where 6-5 and then they won 5 in a row but only one team had winning record and that was the Browns. They never went to the west coast, they didn't play on Sunday and then on Thursday.

11 minutes ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

They play in the weak division and had a weak schedule. They where 6-5 and then they won 5 in a row but only one team had winning record and that was the Browns. They never went to the west coast, they didn't play on Sunday and then on Thursday.

Over the last two seasons they're 25-7...

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Being a Raiders fan teaches you optimism. We legit had the worst defense in the history of the franchise last year and everyone's acting like we're going to be a defensive juggernaut this year, lol.

I haven't met on person here or otherwise who thinks that.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I haven't met on person here or otherwise who thinks that.

Multiple people in this thread have referenced how easy it is to stop Lamar like we'll be able to do it. He's putting up 45+ against us. 

20 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Multiple people in this thread have referenced how easy it is to stop Lamar like we'll be able to do it. He's putting up 45+ against us. 

and DC will put up 35 against a top 10 D, 
and you will blame DC for the loss as usual. Because wins loses are only on QBs

😆😆

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Those 6 points against Atlanta though...

haha classic.
Glad you didnt even argue it, cause you know 100% that if we did lose that game 35-45 youd be blaming Carr instead of the D. 
Your hate is next level, i can respect you sticking to your gut on it lol

6 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

haha classic.
Glad you didnt even argue it, cause you know 100% that if we did lose that game 35-45 youd be blaming Carr instead of the D. 
Your hate is next level, i can respect you sticking to your gut on it lol

Our offense has taken a significant step down over the last 6 games in each of the last two seasons while we were 6-4 and in the playoff hunt. 

Over the first 10 games during the last two seasons combined: 25.5 ppg, 30+ points in 8/20 games, 12-8 record

Over the final 6 games during the last two seasons combined: 19.6 ppg, 30+ points in 2/12 games, 3-9 record

Fricking Derek Carr

Edited by NYRaider