Draft Week! Third Overall Pick - POLL

N4L

Who do you want the niners to draft?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Which QB?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/30/2021 at 12:00 AM

And if we do end up taking Jones, then the Pats wouldn't trade for Jimmy since they can just trade up and get Fields who isn't going before #7 at the earliest. That's a fairly simple trade up for them and they get their guy on a rookie deal. 

So it looks like the Niners may be trying to create some leverage for Jimmy be leaking this out. 

53 minutes ago, GW21 said:

I'm going to be so pissed if the Pats trade up from 15 to 8 and take Fields. The move from 12 to 8 would have been so much cheaper and if we could have landed Fields there then I'm going to be a sad panda. I'm still not convinced that Fields isn't the guy. I'm thinking about putting some money down on him if his odds get any worse (or better depending on how you look at it). Fields is at +800 right now. 

I think it'll be 15 to 7

33 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I don't think Lance is THAT much of a reach, especially if he is close to reaching his potential. But there is some risk....Jones is going to be good but yeah, he's more likely a late 1st round type of prospect.

Value? You can shove your value where the sun don't shine when it comes to Shanny!!!!

Like damn, using THREE first rounders and a 3rd rounder on McCorkle? That is next level reaching and insanity right there. 

This isn't too much of a shocker to me. I get it on either end. One has the upside but is about as raw as you can get while the second has no real ceiling and projects comparable to mid round picks who succeed. I wouldn't have traded up like this for either. But working with what we have, I'd take Lance over Mac. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, adamq said:

Did Kyle act the way he did at Fields pro day just to torture us or what 

People made something out of nothing there. He really wasn't any different than he was at Mac's pro day. There are pics and videos of him laughing with Lynch / Saban / Mac there as well. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 49erurtaza said:

Here is where I'm at 

Lance 50%

Mac 45%

Fields 5%

I'd put it like 

Mac 85%

Lance 15%

And that may be kind. I think Mac was always the pick...that's really the way it reads from reports, and Shanny doesn't strike me as the type who changes his mind, I agree with Silver on that. He wants who he wants. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if these reports coming now are from us because the team is trying to put out a good foot forward about how they evaluated them all truly and Mac came out ahead and all that. Wouldn't shock me if they were simply trying to ease the fan base into it. 

• Like 1

So as much as other stuff is really ticking me off, this crap that Shanahan HAD to know who he was going to take at the time of the trade is mind blowing. So evaluating these QBs fairly and actually waiting until they saw them in person and interviewed them is the wrong thing to do??? Make it make sense please!!!! 

Simms thinks when there is smoke, there is fire......So the talk of Lance being considered is something he is buying and thinks there is a chance he has grown on Kyle during the process. What does that mean? I don't know, but I'm still rolling with Lance lol. 

Just now, Forge said:

I'd put it like 

Mac 85%

Lance 15%

And that may be kind. I think Mac was always the pick...that's really the way it reads from reports, and Shanny doesn't strike me as the type who changes his mind, I agree with Silver on that. He wants who he wants. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if these reports coming now are from us because the team is trying to put out a good foot forward about how they evaluated them all truly and Mac came out ahead and all that. Wouldn't shock me if they were simply trying to ease the fan base into it. 

He has officially been broken!!!!!!!!

Simms said there is rumors going on that Adam Peters is in LOVE with Trey Lance.

Trust Peters here Shanny, he evaluates players MUCH better than you!!!!! 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Forge said:

Just throwing your money out the window at this point, I think

Could be. If you believe the reports that Shanny and Lynch aren't sharing the pick then all this other stuff is just noise. 

• Like 2

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Simms said there is rumors going on that Adam Peters is in LOVE with Trey Lance.

I've never been super high on Shanny in a couple of regards, and this is basically like the entirety of what I don't like about him smashed up into a single, megalomaniacal decision

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Where he say this?