Draft Week! Third Overall Pick - POLL

N4L

Who do you want the niners to draft?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Which QB?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/30/2021 at 12:00 AM

1 minute ago, 49erurtaza said:

If Mike Shanahan is the one talking to media I just ask why.

IF they wanted Fields off the bat and IF they are worried NYJ could change their minds, wouldn't this be the way to handle it? 

2 hours ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

He's still trying lol

The Venn diagram of Twitsperts who 100% disbelieve the part about Mac Jones being the pick and Twitsperts who 100% believe the part about Garoppolo being traded is just one large circle. 

I like Lance and would be happy with him. I just don't get what he brings to the table that Justin doesn't. I would call speed, overall strength and arm a tie. But Fields has proven he can turn those attributes into high level performance against the best teams in the country. I saw an article this morning rating the defenses the top QBs have played against this year and Fields was rated highest; in fact highest in quite some time. Lance didn't have the chance to compete against those kinds of guys so we don't know how he would perform. But given his lack of accuracy at the level he played at who knows what would happen when he's under a lot more pressure and LBs and d-backs are far superior, and sophisticated blitz packages are thrown at him. Maybe he'd do great. But given that I don't know, and given accuracy issues, I think Fields should clearly get the edge.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, adamq said:

IF they wanted Fields off the bat and IF they are worried NYJ could change their minds, wouldn't this be the way to handle it? 

I agree, I just have never seen anything like this. The crazy thing is I went and looked at the QBs that Mike took and the only one that seems similar to Mac Jones was Brian Greise and yet he was more athletic then Mac.

Edited by 49erurtaza
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, 49ersfan said:

Maiocco from his AMA

There certainly can be disagreements. Maiocco said they knew from the beginning but I don't see it exactly like that. You can say you know what, I like this guy and if the other two don't impress as, we will be perfectly fine taking this guy at #3. But it is damn near malpractice to not have a fair evaluation and evaluate all three QBs by seeing them work out, doing intense research on them and interviewing them as much as you can. 

Just because Shanahan is going to make the ultimate decision doesn't mean others can have differing opinions. Shanahan asked all the offensive coaches their opinions on the QBs before making the trade just to get a feel of what they were seeing or what they thought. I'm sure he asked the scouting department and Peters to do the same thing. They all make their cases and then he can decide which way he wants to go. Maybe he was dead set from day one on one guy and the others had to go above and beyond to change his opinion. That is perfectly reasonable but I don't think the decision was made at the time of the trade and Breer agrees with that. 

3 minutes ago, adamq said:

Just what I've been saying, although it's more a hope than a realistic probability.

• Like 1

Just now, 49erurtaza said:

He does have a point, this is ether a smoke screen or the media is full of it and it's Mac and they are just trying to create drama.

Florio also finds it hard to believe the Niners traded upto 3 without at least having an idea of who they preferred. 

But there's a lot of reporters pushing this narrative. Dan Patrick, Todd McShay, Ian Rappaport, Peter King all saying its either down to those 2, or that the scouts like Lance but Shanny likes Jones.

Most notable one is Chris Simms because his source would likely be Kyle or Mike. But why would either of them go public with this? Unless Simms is smokescreening for his friend

1 minute ago, 49ersfan said:

Florio also finds it hard to believe the Niners traded upto 3 without at least having an idea of who they preferred. 

But there's a lot of reporters pushing this narrative. Dan Patrick, Todd McShay, Ian Rappaport, Peter King all saying its either down to those 2, or that the scouts like Lance but Shanny likes Jones.

Most notable one is Chris Simms because his source would likely be Kyle or Mike. But why would either of them go public with this? Unless Simms is smokescreening for his friend

Lol when Chris Simms couldn't even remember Adams name was kind of funny to me. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

It feels like we're in bizarro world and everything is upside down. Logic is out the window and Kyle is a mad scientist who has a flawed sense of evaluation. Well, maybe that last part is true.  

Well we're in a bizarro world. It's just unfortunate Kyle just can't look past grabbing his limited system QB.

• Like 1