The Car Thread

Dome

11 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Tacos, like jeeps, are weird to price because the off-road crowd loved older models.

The low miles are great and all, but it’s still a 15 year old vehicle.

You should see the pic, the thing looks perfect like it's brand new. One owner had it for 2 years and put 18k miles on it the next guy had it from 05 till now avg miles a year was 1,438. Probably some old guy owned it. 

Edited by steadypimpin
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, steadypimpin said:

You should see the pic, the thing looks perfect like it's brand new. One owner had it for 2 years and put 18k miles on it the next guy had it from 05 till now avg miles a year was 1,438. Probably some old guy owned it. 

You can still have issues with rubber rotting, etc r/t weather and age, but those can be minor concerns.

Test drive and and see how it runs. If it’s good, buy it.  Worst case scenario is you pay to have the wear items replaced.  If you need to sell it, you won’t take a bath either.

Go get the damned thing! ;)

27 minutes ago, steadypimpin said:

Any advice on when's a good time to buy a brand new truck? It seems I can get a new one fore a little more than a used one with a lot of miles on it.

It depends how much you care about getting one with specific specs. 

New models typically start rolling in during the summer and dealers want the old model year out.  Sometime around Nov or later they’ll still have one that hasn’t sold and they will discount that fairly well.

Of course the longer you wait, the better the chances they all are sold and you miss out.

11 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

It depends how much you care about getting one with specific specs. 

New models typically start rolling in during the summer and dealers want the old model year out.  Sometime around Nov or later they’ll still have one that hasn’t sold and they will discount that fairly well.

Of course the longer you wait, the better the chances they all are sold and you miss out.

I'm not too picky. I want a crew cab, maybe 4x4 if it's not too much extra but there are a lot of frontiers with that. Not a deal breaker though. Most new vehicles come with backup cams and a cool stereo so not too worried about that. I'm just asking because I inquired about the cash back offers and the salesman said that after next week there won't be any.??? I of course knew he was probably lying to me because he said I have to buy by tomorrow, that's when the deals end. Anyway I know the model year ends are coming soon so that's good for me to buy the 18 models.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/10/2018 at 2:29 PM, diehardlionfan said:

Well, my lease was finished so I turned my ATS in.

Im taking my time because I don’t have to replace it immediately.

im seriously considering buying an electric vehicle.

Have any of you researched them? 

What are your favourite electric vehicles?

Tesla model 3, the more orders they get the sooner I can get back there building the next production line.

On ‎4‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 5:29 PM, diehardlionfan said:

Well, my lease was finished so I turned my ATS in.

Im taking my time because I don’t have to replace it immediately.

im seriously considering buying an electric vehicle.

Have any of you researched them? 

What are your favourite electric vehicles?

Tesla is the only brand I'd consider but I like cars that make noise and pollute the air