The Car Thread

Dome

1 hour ago, PARROTHEAD said:

You got me curious. So looking around at kit places. Ran into this since youre a Benz guy.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/265039121540

Mainly it seems like a lot of old data concerning different companies. Showed 1, JPR Cars Ltd thats not far from me in Gloucester VA that was said to have bought the Gatsby design. But think theyve been out of business a few years now.

Sure, I remember those!  The Gazelle kits have been around for a long time.  Possibly back as far as the 70's, if I'm thinking of the same car.  That '29 would be a fun car to zip around in.  There could also be other companies who make a kit to produce the same car, possibly with more modern engines and suspension designs.  That would be a pretty cool project for not a lot of money.  One thing when it comes to kit cars is that you want to talk to your insurance company and see what their stance is on covering them.

14 hours ago, biggie. said:

So I'm saving up to get a truck in the future. My 2012 Civic is a good and reliable car, but I hate the lack of flexibility with a regular car and I want to live out in the boonies in the future as well. Any recommendations?

Budget? 

On 2/16/2021 at 10:53 PM, biggie. said:

So I'm saving up to get a truck in the future. My 2012 Civic is a good and reliable car, but I hate the lack of flexibility with a regular car and I want to live out in the boonies in the future as well. Any recommendations?

https://www.rezvanimotors.com/tank-military-edition#rezvani-tank-military-edition-specs

Rezvani Tank.

1 minute ago, Dome said:

And until we have a budget hammered out, I'll give this option for the opposite end of the truck-buying spectrum. 

084069a8a8cecda97bb1d9ff4b5ae0f6.jpg

Dual beds, both back and front. Super rare.

No bullet proof glass or EMP protection, but dual beds is actually pretty boss.

Just now, ET80 said:

No bullet proof glass or EMP protection, but dual beds is actually pretty boss.

My suggestion forgoes the bulletproof glass in lieu of a more open layout and less blind spots, fresh air is paramount. 

My truck offers no EMP protection because it simply isn't needed. You get a truck so you can escape into the wilderness, the great outdoors. You might be better off without your electronics.

No smoke screen either, as you may have noticed. Instead there is a small umbrella you can open suddenly to distract your attacker, like something out of a Mr. Bean movie.

Not to mention, a couple months of commuting in this truck and your calf muscles are gonna be bordering on perfection.

• Like 1

On 2/16/2021 at 8:53 PM, biggie. said:

The new Nissan Frontier re-design looks pretty sweet. They won't be available until June/July though. They'll be available with a 6 ft bed, which should fit a dirt bike, if you ever go that route. I personally wouldn't touch anything with less than a 6ft bed. The new Bronco might be up your alley too if you just want a functional offroader, but don't necessarily need a bed for hauling. Same goes for Jeep.

Image result for 2022 nissan frontier

Edited by Jeezla