Day 1 Draft Thread (No Spoilers)

Ragnarok

1 minute ago, goldfishwars said:

Hmm, this seems far too perfect for me - but none of it matters anyway so enjoy it man. It was the right pick, either way. 

Absolutely, and I will leave you with one more golden nugget - Kyle said that he preferred a QB who could make plays with his legs. 

The pick was never going to be mac jones

• Like 2

Mac Jones only made sense for the Niners if they stayed at 12 & the top 4 QB's were gone. The 12th pick is a big investment, but not a career defining one. We could easily move on if we were dissatisfied with him after a couple of years. 

Trading 3 1st's and a 3rd? You do that for the upside. Shanny loves Josh Allen, he's stated that he wished Allen entered the '17 draft and he gushed over him after Allen massacred our defense last season. 

You spend the 12th pick on Kirk Cousins 2.0, you spend 3 1st's and a 3rd on Josh Allen 2.0 (potentially)

Listening to Shanny actually speak about QB's this offseason, analysing the move, Jones never made any sense. I'm still baffled that every reputable NFL insider said we were picking Jones for a month. Despite the chatter, most niner fans could tell y'all it just didnt make any sense 

Man Shanahan still not gonna tell anyone what his board was or his thinking was. He'll sell Lance as THE GUY as he should. I think the only true thing he said was he likes 5 guys, all the kids have their strengths/weaknesses and from the options he had he took his guy.

8 hours ago, goldfishwars said:

Just don't get why the Eagles are trading picks man

Cause we were getting wiped out and one of the last players we wanted was gonna be taken by a division rival in front of us? We gave Dallas a divisional rival not much more than straight up book value to move up and that 3rd was originally the Colts which we got in the Wentz trade. We didn't give up a lot. Now you can argue we should've stayed at 12 and not given up the 3rd, but most likely we are looking at OL or DL at 12 if that happened. While I liked Slater and AVT a lot we had Mailata who showed good things last year at LT. Seumalo who is a solid guard. Kelce who is still playing at a really good level, but he'll probably retire soon. Brandon Brooks we've looked around trading, but I don't know how much you get for a guy coming off another achilles tear. Lane Johnson is still a really good RT. We had some young guys who showed some nice things last year like Herbig and Driscoll. Still need to see what we have in Dillard after he tore his bicep and was done for the year right at the beginning of camp. 

Like since you didn't think we should trade up what do you think we should've done at 12?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

Well next year's first is pricey for an ageing roster, but I thought I saw two firsts in the graphic at the time.

They moved up 11 spots and basically only gave up 1 first and some change. That isn't a lot. But, if you thought they gave up 2 firsts then yeah that's different. Was no way for me to know that just reading that post though. Anyways, Bears also have a fairly good roster besides QB and if Fields can take the job and play decent as a rookie that pick might not be as bad as we think. Plus, IMO Fields is a top 3 QB at worst and probably the 2nd best in this class. We'll see. He'll probably bust since he went to Chicago though... hope not though cause that city deserves a good QB after all the bad ones they've been through. At the very least I'm glad they kept him out of New England.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy