2021 Draft Day Thread

NewAge

18 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

I don’t want Asante Samuel Jr at 34. Gimmie a pass rusher or another OL. 34 overall on an undersized DB in scheme that values length there...hard pass. 

Saleh himself said he doesn't necessarily value length. That said, I have my own concerns for Samuel outside of that, he's a negative asset in the run game.

1 minute ago, KingOfNewYork said:

34 for 48, 80 and 81 is something I'd do

Nah I want a top talent that fell. I want to consolidate some of our future picks, we have 13 next year. Now you guys see JD isn't afraid to go quality over quantity as well. I said before, having draft capital is about being able to dictate how the draft goes for you, and we saw that last night with AVT and we're being showered with praise for the move.

Trading our 4th and 5th gets us back into the last 10 picks or so of Round 3. And we’d still have a 4th and 5th. Do that. Grab a talent at 34 and trade up in the late 3rd for a guy and we’d still have a pick in each round pretty much the rest of the way. Quality once again over quantity.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Trading our 4th and 5th gets us back into the last 10 picks or so of Round 3. And we’d still have a 4th and 5th. Do that. Grab a talent at 34 and trade up in the late 3rd for a guy and we’d still have a pick in each round pretty much the rest of the way. Quality once again over quantity.

I like this line of thinking. We're closer to winning now than people realize.

3 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

When's the last time we had this many options to move up and down. Amazing what's happened for us. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I know but it gives us more room maneuver around. Possibly having 2 3's, 4's, 5's and 6's while already adding Wilson, AVT and 48 would be amazing. 

I'm not against staying or moving back

You never know what might happen. We all were pissed last year when we traded down instead of taking Mims, 15 mins later we were all ecstatic when we got Mims anyway. In JD I trust.

24 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Lmao let’s cross that freakin bridge when we have to. We haven’t given out a second contract in like a decade. Even if you can sign everyone that’s when you trade guys and recoup your assets instead of letting guys go for nothing like that terrible GMs we’ve always had. 

Haha. I know. But Bobby is asking why Jenkins isn’t the best pick. This is the only legit reason I can think of. 

If it’s not an issue, the Jenkins should be the pick. I honestly can think of another reason. We need him, his great value and he fits our scheme.

Edited by SDotNova

17 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

34 for 48, 80 and 81 is something I'd do

The math is way off on this. First off LV has 79 and 80. The difference between 34 and 48 is 140 pts. #80 alone is worth 190. A more realistic trade is 34, 146 and 186 for 48 and 80. That guy does not know what he is talking about. 

1 minute ago, KingOfNewYork said:

We pick Jenkins and him and Becton's contracts both expire at the same time if Becton's 5th year is exercised. But yeah that's a bridge to cross when that time comes. 

We have pretty much no one pay between now and then. Dallas loaded up on OL and they made it work money wise