2021 Draft Day Thread

NewAge

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

I honestly want someone to convince me on how Jenkins isn’t not only the BPA at 34 or why he’d be a bad idea.

Bc from my standpoint there’s nothing but great things to think about if he makes it to us

Well he’d start day one at RG IMO. I’d then cut Lewis and GVR and use that money to bring in Sherman and Poole. 

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

I honestly want someone to convince me on how Jenkins isn’t not only the BPA at 34 or why he’d be a bad idea.

Bc from my standpoint there’s nothing but great things to think about if he makes it to us

He had knee surgery.  heh.

18 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

The only critique is that we’re assuming he can play RG. Aside from that, the only argument against him is the allocation of resources argument.

So diving into the resource allocation debate a bit. Let’s say AVT and Jenkins become what we think they could be.

Are y’all ok (in today’s dollars) handing Becton $18, AVT $14, and Jenkins $15 (RT money)?

That would mean we’d essentially only be able to pay Zach and OL on offense.

2 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

So diving into the resource allocation debate a bit. Let’s say AVT and Jenkins become what we think they could be.

Are y’all ok (in today’s dollars) handing Becton $18, AVT $14, and Jenkins $15 (RT money)?

That would mean we’d essentially only be able to pay Zach and OL on offense.

Lmao let’s cross that freakin bridge when we have to. We haven’t given out a second contract in like a decade. Even if you can sign everyone that’s when you trade guys and recoup your assets instead of letting guys go for nothing like that terrible GMs we’ve always had. 

32 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Let’s face it, Bobby, no matter how much logic or data we thrust upon you during a debate, once you have made up your mind it is pointless to continue. One thing I have learned is not to argue too long with someone who is convinced they are right. 

34 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Only thing it can be seen as is overkill but its not in reality. OL is the most important thing for us on offense and he's a stud. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Scouts will nitpick his short arms and how that leads to poor leverage at the point of attack. I don't think it's a huge concern personally. 

We would have a lot of o-lineman all needing new contracts at the same time. There's an opportunity cost that comes with going o-line heavy in ignoring other positions. And maybe Fant isn't someone we necessarily need to replace. 

With that said you are correct in there are many positives to this move as well. OT has a low bust rate, he might be BPA like you said (personally I think it's Elijah Moore right now), and it's wise to protect your young QB early. 

If we went this way, I would understand it and not hate it. We would have a dominant, nasty o-line (Wilson's Wall maybe?) If we don't, I hope it is for Elijah Moore. I want to us be innovative and adapt with the times. Having a player that you can get the ball in his hands quickly and let him work in open space is super important in the modern NFL. This is how teams are neutralizing pass rushers, Vic Fangio commented on it yesterday and I had a feeling they were going DB early (George Paton draft history). We could definitely use a guy who can do that for us and Moore is that guy. 

Edited by jetjuice