2021 Draft Day Thread

NewAge

6 minutes ago, xrade said:

True and I won’t be too upset but I would rather draft a starter at a position of need than a replacement player this year. It would not be a bad use of draft capital but we could use that pick more wisely.  If we are looking at a future full time slot receiver, perhaps a more developmental one on day three.

As for Davis, JD knew he was going to be traded. So the need was not really apparent to us, but to JD it was a hole needing to be filled. 

Same concept would apply if he's not planning to keep Crowder or Cole for more than a year. I agree it may not seem like an apparent hole to us, but between the way he fits in our offense and next year's impending FA's, Moore is definitely a possibility. Plus he is a significant improvement at the position on day one and is much more versatile, adding a new dynamic to the offense.

12 minutes ago, xrade said:

That would do little for us next year. CB’s take a little time to adjust to the NFL. Sherman may be fine this year but so what?  Next year is the year we should be expecting bigger improvements and waiting to draft a CB next year will not help that much because they need to adjust.  Do that this year.  RBs have an easier transition.  Draft one of them next year.

People keep saying we will sign Poole. Well, why haven’t we. It has been a month. 

Poole was signed late last year too

One thing I just thought is the idea of going OC/OG if we pick OL in round 2. Jenkins is nice but he can’t play OC. My reasoning:  if McGovern does not play well or gets hurt, who is our backup OC?  Let’s say we go Creed or Landon. They would probably start at RG. If McGovern craps the bed or gets hurt we may be in trouble. At least Creed or Landon could slide over and we would have to fill RG with one of our backups. Also, unless McGovern really plays well, next year his contract is up I believe. We could let him walk. Since AVT can play OG/OT, why get Jenkins for that same role. Get an OG/OC. 

3 minutes ago, xrade said:

One thing I just thought is the idea of going OC/OG if we pick OL in round 2. Jenkins is nice but he can’t play OC. My reasoning:  if McGovern does not play well or gets hurt, who is our backup OC?  Let’s say we go Creed or Landon. They would probably start at RG. If McGovern craps the bed or gets hurt we may be in trouble. At least Creed or Landon could slide over and we would have to fill RG with one of our backups. Also, unless McGovern really plays well, next year his contract is up I believe. We could let him walk. Since AVT can play OG/OT, why get Jenkins for that same role. Get an OG/OC. 

I don't think Jets will draft C tonight.  Menet or Dalman tomorrow is a good bet.