GDT - NFL Draft

WizardHawk

41 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

The disregard this organization has for the safety position is truly over the top. I don’t get it. Will never get it.

HMM  what top flight safety did we ignore this draft, Holland or Moehrig at 12.  I never saw a true option to draft a safety this draft to this point.  I do though think we had better options than our last three picks but reaching on a safety with those picks was not one of those options. 

Edited by quiller

As happy as most fans were after last years draft this has been a complete opposite. I’m not sure there is one pick the fan base really likes. Parsons I think will good and Joseph has a chance to start. The third round picks were all reaches who probably won’t play much.

7 hours ago, Dallas94Ware said:

I think the staff is finally thinking big picture. We should start doing so, as well.

Clear trend on all these picks - size, "hybrid" versatility, aggressiveness. We are building an identity on D. No, the players, outside of Parsons, are not the sparkly star selections we want. But collectively, they are an ensemble of size, multi faceted, power, aggressive attitude players who create a trend and defensive identity.

Im not a fan of some of these picks, but I love they are sticking to a type and identity

You may be on to something, in fact, at this point we are all hoping you are. Because this draft seems to be a bunch of no name, faceless, only took them because the guy we really wanted was taken right out from under our noses, type picks.

But I will entertain your pov. 

Maybe, we had such a star studded draft last year that this year it was all about a strong, blue collar supporting cast.

Not flashy but shows up every week and does the dirty work. Gets their hands dirty and gets the job done. Perhaps these are the guys that take the brunt and the hits so the Diggs, or LVE or Gregory can make the highlight reel play?

Too much to hope for?

7 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

The disregard this organization has for the safety position is truly over the top. I don’t get it. Will never get it.

Someone on Twitter mentioned Quinn was high on Reggie Robinson during the draft process last year...so maybe he sees him as a possible starting safety in his scheme?

For me, they only way they can save face is to somehow walk away today with 2 of Wilson, Washington, Johnson or Cox.

Id also like Terry from FSU. He does a lot of the things that we have Gallup do in our offense really well. He’d be a good late round flyer to have learn for a year before Gallup takes off in FA.

Edited by CT Cowboy Fan

5 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

My hindsight draft would have been:

1-Slater   
2-JOK   
3-Adebo   
3-Spencer Brown
3-Molden

Now that would have actually been a great draft.

5 minutes ago, SweetFancyMoses said:

You know how freaking stoked I would be with that draft compared to our real draft.  SMH.

4 minutes ago, D82 said:

Now that would have actually been a great draft.

Yeah, the biggest problem is I don’t think you could have waited on Adebo at #75. In real life, I would have almost certainly traded away the pick eventually used on Brown or Molden to go get Adebo or Joseph in the 50s.

15 minutes ago, SweetFancyMoses said:

So if the guy we wanted went a pick before ours we couldnt have used one or more of our day 3 pick to move a couple spots to take him.  Stephen annoying with the joke about never getting our safety.  Go get your safety moron.

I made this point, in a round about way, in my last post. So I'm adopting Dallas94Wares pov and running with the idea that, if said player had fallen to us, then great we take him. If not, we go get all supporting role players and let our star players from last year stand on their shoulders and make plays.

Kinda thin, damn near anorexic, but I am trying to be optimistic here, which as a Cowboy fan for the past 25 years is equally anorexic.

• Like 1