2021 Draft Thread - Day #2 Talk

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

For the people dumping on picking a RT in the first, pick #7 Sewell is playing RT for the Lions.

people clown on Gruden for being stuck in the old days but dont see RT as a premium position, like the old days. We are in a pass happy league, and teams move their pass rushers all over to take over matchups, you need a quality RT. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Geezy said:

people clown on Gruden for being stuck in the old days but dont see RT as a premium position, like the old days. We are in a pass happy league, and teams move their pass rushers all over to take over matchups, you need a quality RT. 

My thing is Trent Brown was actually a really smart move until he started getting hurt(see the Bears game for context). It seems like what the Raiders have been trying to do since Gruden/Cable is got there is have two overqualified athletically Bookend tackles. This follows that trend. I wouldn't have any problem with that if it was a guarantee that the defense would play better and that they have a plan on defense.

Just now, Jeremy408 said:

My thing is Trent Brown was actually a really smart move until he started getting hurt(see the Bears game for context). It seems like what the Raiders have been trying to do since Gruden/Cable is got there is have two overqualified athletically Bookend tackles. This follows that trend. I wouldn't have any problem with that if it was a guarantee that the defense would play better and that they have a plan on defense.

we all knew as long as Gruden is in charge that the offense would be the priority. I see us going defense all day today, and maybe some OL/WR depth tomorrow along with some more defense. 

1 minute ago, Geezy said:

we all knew as long as Gruden is in charge that the offense would be the priority. I see us going defense all day today, and maybe some OL/WR depth tomorrow along with some more defense. 

I want to either see they go all three levels of the defense with the three picks or maybe trade up for one of the guys that everyone thought was going to go in the first round. But I've said it multiple times on here I really like Landon Dickerson somewhere in the second day. He has potential to be an all pro somewhere on the offensive line if he stays healthy

Just now, BayRaider said:

If we stay at 48, I really want Holland. 

If we trade up, Barmore or JOK please. 

We really have a chance to atone for our 1st Round with all the current talent on the board. 

Here’s to hoping for a better day gentlemen. 

I'm not gonna lie that Warren Sapp thing messed with me. J OK I like but I'm actually starting to like Jabrill Cox more than him the more I watch. 

I really Asante Samuel Jr though if they wanna do a trade up 

I still have Moehrig as my #1 Safety, but Holland really does have the potential to be the best. Can play Outside Corner, Nickel Corner, Free Safety, and Strong Safety too. Don’t think I’d play him Outside CB cause I don’t think his speed is good enough (although it’s not bad). I think he’s mostly a FS but his versatility is nice. 

@ronjon1990 @big_palooka I think you two are bigger on Holland than anyone, hopefully we can go get him. 

Edited by BayRaider

3 minutes ago, Geezy said:

ill bet anything we take FS with our first pick today. Things will get interesting with our 3rds, because we wont have anymore glaring needs, maybe then Mayock will be able to do his thing lol 

Richie Grant is my guess at 48

Something I'm wondering is that it's pretty easy to say "I would have taken this player here" or "this guy is a reach there".

Not that I am necessarily defending Grudock, but they, as well as the rest of the league have so much more access to information than we do including the most avid amateur draft analysts. 

Given the same access to information as NFL personnel do, would we arrive to the same conclusions on players as we do as armchair analysts?

Edited by Justwinning
Edit

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I wouldn’t be mad with Grant. Solid 2nd Round prospect and should be an instant starter. Prefer Moehrig or Holland, but would definitely take Grant. 

Grant is who I want. If not him then Cisco. If not Cisco then Jamar Johnson. I also wouldn't be mad at Moerig. Problem with him the whole time was I didn't want him in the first round

1 minute ago, Jeremy408 said:

Grant is who I want. If not him then Cisco. If not Cisco then Jamar Johnson. I also wouldn't be mad at Moerig. Problem with him the whole time was I didn't want him in the first round

Think Johnson goes in the 3rd and Cisco goes in the early 4th but we’ll see. I like Johnson too. Not a fan of Cisco though, fun to watch, but seems very inconsistent.