2021 Draft Thread - Day #2 Talk

RaidersAreOne

7 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Uh oh...

has Mel Kiper ever even asserted to be an insider knowing how teams think? or is he just projecting this pick because HE views Leatherwood as a guard?

while coaches/GMs will always keep things close to the chest, Mayock was pretty adamant about Leatherwood being penciled in at RT.

1 minute ago, Turnobili said:

has Mel Kiper ever even asserted to be an insider knowing how teams think? or is he just projecting this pick because HE views Leatherwood as a guard?

while coaches/GMs will always keep things close to the chest, Mayock was pretty adamant about Leatherwood being penciled in at RT.

Like Mayock hasn’t lied a million times. Plus, it’s still smokescreen season. 

Will it be RT? Probably not.

Should anyone be surprised if it’s RT and there Big Board for Round 1 was actually 1) G Alijah-Vera Tucker, 2) G Alex Leatherwood ? No, you shouldn’t be. The Jets traded up because of us most likely. 

Yes, Mayock said Leatherwood is RT. Still in smokescreen season folks. 

sorry guys, im not buying that Leatherwood was drafted to play guard. is there a possibility that he fails at tackle and they try moving him to guard to salvage his career a la robert gallery? maybe. but im not buying that guard is the intention right now. between bringing Richie back, Good back, and having just drafted Jon Simpson, it doesn't make any sense, as opposed to RT which is such a barren wasteland on our roster that Mayock had to pimp Jones-Smith as a candidate a few days ago

Edited by Turnobili
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Barmore or Levi at 48 is daylight robbery. I'd want Levi. But still.

I wouldn’t say Barmore at 48 is robbery, his fair value is like 33-40. However, it’s extremely good value, and I’d take Barmore at 48 all day long. 

1 minute ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Barmore or Levi at 48 is daylight robbery. I'd want Levi. But still.

value wise, Barmore at 48 is fine. i said a few different times that i didnt see him as a first round player... but he had that impression because the gap between him and the next interior player was pretty wide, so he was at something of a premium.

but i'd still much rather take a guy like Richie Grant if the board shaped up that way.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Turnobili said:

value wise, Barmore at 48 is fine. i said a few different times that i didnt see him as a first round player... but he had that impression because the gap between him and the next interior player was pretty wide, so he was at something of a premium.

but i'd still much rather take a guy like Richie Grant if the board shaped up that way.

Yep. Barmore is not a 1st Round Prospect. 

Solid value at 48 though. 

6 minutes ago, Turnobili said:

5 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Yep. Barmore is not a 1st Round Prospect. 

Solid value at 48 though. 

He's not 1 slam dunk top 20, but I think he would have been a fine pick in the late 1st because of positional value. He can develop into a really good player. And can start from day 1. I feel the same way about Onwuzurike. Levi was for sure at least 1st round talent for me based on upside.

7 minutes ago, Turnobili said:

I love richie grant, no complaints with that either. He is so goddamn smart and no weaknesses in his game.