2021 Draft Thread - Day #2 Talk

RaidersAreOne

7 minutes ago, Turnobili said:

JOK in round 2 would be sweet, though chasing Moehrig/Grant would be preferable imo. Obviously a scenario where we take JOK in Rd2 and land Cisco in round 3 would be pretty nice.

I mean yeah but I mean I like that Jabrill Cox guy more than JOK

4 minutes ago, Turnobili said:

JOK in round 2 would be sweet, though chasing Moehrig/Grant would be preferable imo. Obviously a scenario where we take JOK in Rd2 and land Cisco in round 3 would be pretty nice.

If, big if, you see Leatherwood as a G and Jenkins is there at 48 would you be open to drafting him.  This is assuming the other top talents have been taken and Jenkins would most likely be BPA at 48.  I know we need defense but this is assuming JOK, Barmore, Moerhig, Ojulari, ... are gone.

4 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

If, big if, you see Leatherwood as a G and Jenkins is there at 48 would you be open to drafting him.  This is assuming the other top talents have been taken and Jenkins would most likely be BPA at 48.  I know we need defense but this is assuming JOK, Barmore, Moerhig, Ojulari, ... are gone.

thats a big ask, to go OL/OL in the first 2 rounds when our defense was what it was.

5 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

I would actually want the other way around. With Jenkins at guard

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NickButera said:

Would not surprise me in the least if we traded up to get a JOK or Moehrig.... And we get everyone's consensus 1 and 2 .....just in opposite order 😂

i dont know that leatherwood was anybody's consensus 2. a lot of people would have preferred Cosmi

Edited by Turnobili

Just now, Turnobili said:

i dont think leatherwood was anybody's consensus 2. a lot of people would have preferred Cosmi

Agreed. I think almost everybody on this forum had Cosmi and Jenkins above Leatherwood. Heck, I had Stone Forsythe and Liam Eichenberg above Leatherwood. 

1 hour ago, Rich7sena said:

I think with things like background and medical information, its justifiable why certain players don't get drafted when we expect them to. However, I don't think NFL scouts and GMs are particularly better at evaluating players than the media or some posters on here. The only advantage they have is access to a lot more All-22 film. It's not like they're doctors or lawyers, they're basically picking kids from the playground.

You're kidding yourself if you don't think they run background checks and psychological profiles on every single player that they are interested in .