Who would you have taken at #17?

Jeremy408

It’s not that bad of a pick.....he has great measurables durable wonder about the bench #’s but the draft depth at that position was pretty good imo for a trade down wonder about the “trade down offer to a team that wanted a ot” they prolly wanted darrisaw 🤦🏽‍♂️

this pick tells me we think rt was the biggest weakness last year....

• Like 1

I’d have picked Moehrig. But he hasn’t been picked yet so that says everything about what I know 😂

I find it funny that people criticising the Leatherwood pick as a reach (me included) are the same ones who said we should pick JOK, Moehrig, Jenkins or Phillips, who haven’t been picked yet. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Dessie said:

I’d have picked Moehrig. But he hasn’t been picked yet so that says everything about what I know 😂

I find it funny that people criticising the Leatherwood pick as a reach (me included) are the same ones who said we should pick JOK, Moehrig, Jenkins or Phillips, who haven’t been picked yet. 🤷‍♂️

I get this argument but...

We were HISTORICALLY bad on defense.  Not just bad... HISTORICALLY bad.  You don't sign one good player on defense and change coordinator and expect to be competitive.  If Leatherwood is who they felt was the best option so be it, agree to disagree.  But I am really nervous about our defense this year.  I bet we draft higher than 17 next off season.  

Just now, Totty said:

I get this argument but...

We were HISTORICALLY bad on defense.  Not just bad... HISTORICALLY bad.  You don't sign one good player on defense and change coordinator and expect to be competitive.  If Leatherwood is who they felt was the best option so be it, agree to disagree.  But I am really nervous about our defense this year.  I bet we draft higher than 17 next off season.  

Totally agree, that’s why D needs to be the focus of our next few picks. We need starters and depth on D no doubt. 

30 minutes ago, Dessie said:

For me, it's similar to last year when i wanted Fulton over Arnette and he ended up dropping to the late 2nd. Darrisaw didn't drop that far down but i thought he was going in the early teens leading into the draft. Most of the perceived value i put on them comes from the sources available to us. I wouldn't know where to start if i had to put together a board out of nothing.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

For me, it's similar to last year when i wanted Fulton over Arnette and he ended up dropping to the late 2nd. Darrisaw didn't drop that far down but i thought he was going in the early teens leading into the draft. Most of the perceived value i put on them comes from the sources available to us. I wouldn't know where to start if i had to put together a board out of nothing.

That’s what we all do let’s face it, all our rankings etc are based of sources. Just shows how difficult it is to predict.

We get a Grant/Holland in the 2nd and corner in the 3rd I’ll be happy(ish). 

• Like 1

Anywhere on defense.  After a historically bad campaign last season and watching us get our hearts broken against Miami, I guess I just figured it was obvious what our draft intentions should be.  Not one person in here thought "Holy sh!t, Leatherwood is still there!" at 17.  Lets not act like we did.  If you want to draft for need, look at FS.  Look at DE.  LB.  Kolton is anchoring the LT spot.  Incognito. James/Miller Good/Simpson Good/vet FA.  WTF are we doing right now?  Our line should absolutely DOMINATE after you take a RT in the first when you have shown to have 5 capable guys already on the roster.  Our defense... buckle up fellas.  *puke*

5 minutes ago, Totty said:

Anywhere on defense.  After a historically bad campaign last season and watching us get our hearts broken against Miami, I guess I just figured it was obvious what our draft intentions should be.  Not one person in here thought "Holy sh!t, Leatherwood is still there!" at 17.  Lets not act like we did.  If you want to draft for need, look at FS.  Look at DE.  LB.  Kolton is anchoring the LT spot.  Incognito. James/Miller Good/Simpson Good/vet FA.  WTF are we doing right now?  Our line should absolutely DOMINATE after you take a RT in the first when you have shown to have 5 capable guys already on the roster.  Our defense... buckle up fellas.  *puke*

DE isn’t a need when we just picked up Ngakoue, have Crosby and Ferrell as well. DT sure but it’s a poor class. LB we have a lot of money tied up in Littleton, Kwit anc Morrow. 

FS definitely, but not one has been taken yet. 

1 hour ago, Dessie said:

Edit: Forgot Phillips went at #18

4 hours ago, Turnobili said:

I don’t think that’s accurate re: jenkins.  

and Kollman has less than 300k subs lmao. He’s not a market mover

I think that’s 100% accurate.  Jenkins didn’t go round 1... and for the last 2 weeks there’s been rumors that teams saw him as more of a 2nd rounder.  And he was talking about perceived value on this board and fan sites.  Jenkins was in the middle of the pack of 2nd round picks prior to that video and then the video comes out and his stock rises.  It’s not that the video alone was responsible for the false increase in draft stock but more so that it was the catalyst for his stock to be over inflated.  The video coincided immediately with a rise in draft capital.  Fans saw the video and he became the hot prospect and it snowballed.  The authors on these sites see that a player is “hot” and drive him on in their rankings And mocks.  It’s classic groupthink.  

2 hours ago, Dessie said:

DE isn’t a need when we just picked up Ngakoue, have Crosby and Ferrell as well. DT sure but it’s a poor class. LB we have a lot of money tied up in Littleton, Kwit anc Morrow. 

FS definitely, but not one has been taken yet. 

Ngakoue is on a one year contract, what happens next year? If he’s good he’s going to price himself out of Vegas and if he’s not he doesn’t come back. 

Linebackers have been a problem as long as the defense as a whole, and the guys at the second level have not shown that they can be better than average. I don’t care how much money is invested in a group when rookies are so cheap. I over watching LBs get  burned by RBs and TEs the Raiders need a solution to stop teams. 

The secondary especially the safety spot needs work. I’m willing to give Arnett a mulligan because of his injuries plus covid in a rookie season. Abrams is on a short leash for me. He acts like he’s some all pro but he’s always whiffing or hurting himself. Joesph is about 6 inches too short to be any sort of difference maker. 

honestly adding to any level of the defense couldn’t hurt with the first round especially with Mahomes and Herbert in the division. I do not trust this team in a boat race. 

3 hours ago, Dessie said:

I like Cisco over him for value honestly

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

Ngakoue is on a one year contract, what happens next year? If he’s good he’s going to price himself out of Vegas and if he’s not he doesn’t come back. 

Linebackers have been a problem as long as the defense as a whole, and the guys at the second level have not shown that they can be better than average. I don’t care how much money is invested in a group when rookies are so cheap. I over watching LBs get  burned by RBs and TEs the Raiders need a solution to stop teams. 

The secondary especially the safety spot needs work. I’m willing to give Arnett a mulligan because of his injuries plus covid in a rookie season. Abrams is on a short leash for me. He acts like he’s some all pro but he’s always whiffing or hurting himself. Joesph is about 6 inches too short to be any sort of difference maker. 

honestly adding to any level of the defense couldn’t hurt with the first round especially with Mahomes and Herbert in the division. I do not trust this team in a boat race. 

Ngakoue signed a 2 year deal.