WK 7: Redskins @ Philadelphia

turtle28

Just now, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

You guys are a really tough team. That game legit could have gone either way if you had gotten a little bit more done in the first half on either side of the ball. Still think the Skins are a playoff team as it is today. 

Thank u but as a skins fan our D been declining (Norman or no Norman ) while out wideouts are awful this year 

5 hours ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

You guys are a really tough team. That game legit could have gone either way if you had gotten a little bit more done in the first half on either side of the ball. Still think the Skins are a playoff team as it is today. 

Honestly you guys have something special!!! I can’t say this enough about Wentz but this guy is going to be something special!!!! I think the Redskins are tough but they simply don’t have the depth or the star power. Not that this team doesn’t have enough talent they can’t stay healthy and haven’t in my lifetime. Enjoy yalls year it should be a lot of fun!!!!! Good luck going forward!!!

5 hours ago, Dashing202 said:

We don't know that yet but if we do plan on it than trading him to San Fran for anything would be worth it .

i want cousins back .. people also don't realize we are playing tough teams .

The most simple way to explain the reason we lose these 1st quarter leads every week is the running game. It’s plain as day. In the first quarter Jay is about 50/50 on run plays. Then, the minute the other team scores at all he gets too pass happy.

Remember when  Kelley had the 8 yard run on 1st down, then two passes which were outs, one incomplete, one complete but Reed didn’t even run past the line of scrimmage and we had to punt? That was indefensible play calling there. Should have went back to kelley on 2nd and 2. 

Even when we were down by 7, we should have been about 50/50 but we kept passing the ball. Our problem is that we build up leads in the 1st 15-20 minutes by being balanced but then we lose it when we get pass happy. When that happens we lose our balance in our play calling and our play action isn’t affective.

I really hope we draft a RB in round 1 or 2 last year and is still like to see more of Mack Brown the rest of this year to see what he can do. He’s quicker than Kelley & Perine and bigger than Thompson, we need to see if him getting the rock more changes our running game.

This has nothing to do with playcalling as much as it has to do with the players. These guys are not getting to the sticks, they are breaking before them. Which, as soon as the ball comes out, the defender is on them and tackling them. 

The running game is abysmal. I cannot believe it is all on the offensive line, but our RB's have no vision. Kelley was undrafted for a reason. Perine did his best out of the gun for a reason. 

Alfred Morris has some of the best vision I had ever seen on a RB and was not blazing fast. Whats done is done, but dayam. Mack Brown has some instances of showing some good stuff, but he seems to be more of a rhythm player and needs the carries to get in the groove. 

I don't want to hear or debate about how the RB needs time to develop because its clear there is no vision there. From either of them, and that is something you don't develop. 

19 minutes ago, mike23md said:

This has nothing to do with playcalling as much as it has to do with the players. These guys are not getting to the sticks, they are breaking before them. Which, as soon as the ball comes out, the defender is on them and tackling them. 

The running game is abysmal. I cannot believe it is all on the offensive line, but our RB's have no vision. Kelley was undrafted for a reason. Perine did his best out of the gun for a reason. 

Alfred Morris has some of the best vision I had ever seen on a RB and was not blazing fast. Whats done is done, but dayam. Mack Brown has some instances of showing some good stuff, but he seems to be more of a rhythm player and needs the carries to get in the groove. 

I don't want to hear or debate about how the RB needs time to develop because its clear there is no vision there. From either of them, and that is something you don't develop. 

Yes, vision is something that you just have or you don’t. Letting Morris walk for how cheap he cost in FA was the worst decision this franchise has made in recent memory.

But hey, Matt Jones though, he’s great.

33 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Yesterday was brutal for both sides injury wise. We lost Hicks for the year and most like Peters for a large amount of time too.

Any diagnosis on Scherff?

I think it’s a sprained MCL but he’s having an MRI today 

9 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Pretty sure I started the fire Bruce Allen train several years ago.  Gruden, I could go either way.  I’d like to see some continuity with the coaching staff, but I think McVay May have been the real talent.

Yes, you did start it. I agree with both of you

Archived