NFL Snooze News: Volume Four, Por Favor

Heimdallr

Just now, swede700 said:

I'm just simply amazed at how Miami, Jacksonville and Houston are all competing to see who's the most incompetent organization in the NFL.  

At least in the Jags case, they hired a really good coach in Pederson. How they got there was a complete disaster though but I think they truly won’t regret hiring Pederson. 

No idea on McDaniel in Miami. 

1 hour ago, vike daddy said:

i'm putting out the Batsignal to @ET80 to give us the rundown on what the heck is going on in Texas with their inept coaching searches....

Somebody told Cal McNair that he’d get two 3rd round picks if a coordinator he employed moved into a HC role… and he figured promoting Lovie would sort of be the same thing. He’s going to be upset when he doesn’t get those picks.

Jokes aside - I actually believe the Texans were about to name Josh McCown as their HC, but Goodell and the league “expressed concern” over hiring a complete unknown over the other finalist (who happens to be suing the NFL for racial discrimination). Imagine the blowback of that guy was passed on for a non minority who had absolutely no experience at any level  - it would basically serve Flores his case on a silver platter with white gloves.

So, plan D is now in effect - Lovie is another placeholder, McCown will get an assistant HC/QB coach role for the next few years, Lovie will leave in some capacity (maybe to a Special Advisor role like Romeo Crennell currently sits in) to leave the role for McCown one day.

(Please note: Contrary to the rumors, I’m a rational thinking human being. That’s more than I can say about the Houston Texans management team).

4 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Somebody told Cal McNair that he’d get two 3rd round picks if a coordinator he employed moved into a HC role… and he figured promoting Lovie would sort of be the same thing. He’s going to be upset when he doesn’t get those picks.

Jokes aside - I actually believe the Texans were about to name Josh McCown as their HC, but Goodell and the league “expressed concern” over hiring a complete unknown over the other finalist (who happens to be suing the NFL for racial discrimination). Imagine the blowback of that guy was passed on for a non minority who had absolutely no experience at any level  - it would basically serve Flores his case on a silver platter with white gloves.

So, plan D is now in effect - Lovie is another placeholder, McCown will get an assistant HC/QB coach role for the next few years, Lovie will leave in some capacity (maybe to a Special Advisor role like Romeo Crennell currently sits in) to leave the role for McCown one day.

(Please note: Contrary to the rumors, I’m a rational thinking human being. That’s more than I can say about the Houston Texans management team).

What a mess!

2 minutes ago, marshpit23 said:

What a mess!

It’s telling that trading Deandre Hopkins for David Johnson and a 2nd is no longer the most questionable move this franchise has made in the past 5 years…

• Like 2

1 hour ago, vikingsrule said:

At least in the Jags case, they hired a really good coach in Pederson. How they got there was a complete disaster though but I think they truly won’t regret hiring Pederson. 

No idea on McDaniel in Miami. 

I personally think the hire of Pederson in Jacksonville is going to go poorly too.   I don't like how he handled the situation in Philly...while he may be a "good coach", the other aspects of his head coaching abilities aren't exactly stabilizing and the Jaguars franchise is one that is in desperate need of one.

Edited by swede700

27 minutes ago, swede700 said:

I personally think the hire of Pederson in Jacksonville is going to go poorly too.   I don't like how he handled the situation in Philly...while he may be a "good coach", the other aspects of his head coaching abilities aren't exactly stabilizing and the Jaguars franchise is one that is in desperate need of one.

They've been pretty stable...at the bottom of the standings. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, swede700 said:

I think that’s why they brought in Spielman. If Pederson focuses on developing Lawrence and they can get him needed weapons, I could see a quick turnaround like Buffalo saw with Allen after the first year. The Jags could just as easily trip over themselves, seems the Jags have one of the most incompetent owners in the league and he fills front office roles with incompetent leaders as well. 

2 hours ago, ET80 said:

It’s telling that trading Deandre Hopkins for David Johnson and a 2nd is no longer the most questionable move this franchise has made in the past 5 years…

oooh oooh! please, please, PUHLEEEEASE take the time (and of course on your employer's dime) to list for us the Top Ten Bad Management Decisions the Texans Have Made.