NFL Snooze News: Volume Four, Por Favor

Heimdallr

On 3/6/2023 at 2:48 PM, JDBrocks said:

I could see the Bears going after Mike McGlinchey to fill the RT spot, but they seem to like Braxton Jones and want to develop him at LT.

It should be noted that Poles was in the KC front office when they acquired Orlando Brown Jr...and like I indicated, they can throw money at him.  The Bears should be highly favored to acquire him to help protect Fields...liking Braxton Jones is fine, but he's not Orlando Brown.  But, they could also pay Brown like a LT and put him at RT, since he's certainly played it in the past, unlike Jones, who only played it sparingly when he was a freshman. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, swede700 said:

And the Jets are now trading for S Chuck Clark...his cap number hovers about what they just saved in Berrios...and he's in the last year of his deal. 

I really think Clark is a very good player! Even 1 year left is good for a 7th round pick. New deal after year, and even if he goes they should pick up a decent comp pick. Jets win that trade.

2 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

The Titans are cleaning things up. But most teams are restructuring contracts and kicking the can down the road. 

That's what I thought. Thanks.....not that I expect much MN spending this year, but they have a lot of starters to replace.

1 minute ago, SemperFeist said:

The Titans are cleaning things up. But most teams are restructuring contracts and kicking the can down the road. 

Titans and the Vikings are pretty much in the same position and are doing the right thing, as far as I'm concerned.  The Saints are doing exactly the wrong thing in the same vein.  They're following the same program that they've been doing for 15 yrs, and hasn't really gotten them anywhere in the last 13 of them.  

• Like 1

Just now, swede700 said:

Titans and the Vikings are pretty much in the same position and are doing the right thing, as far as I'm concerned.  The Saints are doing exactly the wrong thing in the same vein.  They're following the same program that they've been doing for 15 yrs, and hasn't really gotten them anywhere in the last 13 of them.  

Agreed on all three counts.

3 minutes ago, swede700 said:

The Saints are doing exactly the wrong thing in the same vein.  They're following the same program that they've been doing for 15 yrs, and hasn't really gotten them anywhere in the last 13 of them.  

Oh when dem Saints
Go imploding in
When dem Saints
Go imploding in...

We'll all say
That we told you so
When dem Saints 
Go imploding in...

• Like 2